ATI 10.0 Home and Bart PE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Phil B., Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil B.

Phil B. Registered Member

I would like to make a Bart PE recovery CD for TI 10. I have downloaded Mustang's plugins for Acronis True Image Home 10.0. I downloaded and installed the ATI 10.0 Home Upgrade. How do I go about creating the CD?

Any Help appreciated. Thanks.

Phil B.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi Phil,

Have a look at this post from cdo5 :

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=839781

It's not difficult, but you do need your OS installation disk and if that does not already include it, a copy of Sp1 or SP2

F.

3. Phil B.

Foghorne,

Believe the post from cdo5 is for earlier versions, not for TI 10. Do I follow the procedure outlined in the post using Mustang's plugins instead of Acronis plugins?

Phil B.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

What ever was written for 9.0 applies to 10.0

Assuming you've installed Bartpe, and have your Windows XP disk, all you really need to do is add an Acronis directory under plugins, and copy all the stuff under Bartpe in the Acronis Program Files area. Then run the builder.

Pete

5. foghorne

Hi Phil B.,

I'm assuming that if you are using ATI 10 then you will use the v10 plugin. If you are using ATI 9 then you will use the v9 plugin. The procedure is unchanged.

F.

6. Phil B.

Peter & Foghorne,

Thanks for the info. Will give it a try.

Phil B.

7. Phil B.

When a restore is needed is not the time to find out that the b3677 rescue disk does not recognize SATA drives, but that is when most of us discover it.
    Making a boot disk using Bart's PE and the Acronis "Bart's PE plug in" is a successfull work around... Here's what worked for me:
    1. Your Acronis install must have included the "Bart's PE plugin"
    2. You nust have an XP install disk that has been "slipstreamed" with SP2.
    3. Download and install Bart's PE builder (free at http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/).
    4. You are going to copy the Bart's PE plug in from the Acronis install to the "PlugIn" folder created in the PE Builder install... BUT... there is already a plug in there named Bart'sPE that has another purpose. So copy the one from Acronis to a temp folder, rename it (I named it "TrueImage") and then copy it to the PEBuilder PlugIn folder.
    5. Run the PE Builder, having it burn it's output to a CD. IT WORKS.
    6. After booting from the Bart's boot disk you will find True Image by clicking GO - System - True Image.

Followed all the above steps from cdo5 post

After booting from Bart's boot disk I clicked go - system - could not find True Image

Only thing I could not do is "slipstream" (whatever that means) XP SP 2 update

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Phil B.

8. foghorne

Acronis TI is under something like Go\System\Storage on a default BARTPE bootup, a little hard to find at first.
    If your installation disk does not come with SP2 integrated into it, you will need to do the slipstreaming. For a start, the OS wont be able to see partitions above 128GB with a raw windows installation.

Slipstream means to bring the installable XP files upto date as if they has SP2 applied. If you then were to run this installation you would have XP + SP2 installed (rather than have to do two installations, XP, then SP2).

The way to do this is as follows (assuming you do not have an XP CD with SP2 already). You need an XP installation CD, *and* an SP2 installable .exe (e.g. one version is at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&DisplayLang=en).

Copy your Windows CD to a directory on your harddrive

Next, on the menu select Source\Slipstream the first textbox on that dialogue should point to the Windows files you have just copied. Set the second one to point to your SP2 executable.

Ensure the output path is setup and do the slipstream by pressing OK.

The output path of the slipstream process needs to be the input path for
    the top textbox on the *main* dialogue. Then you are ready to build.

F.

9. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Another option for slipstreaming SP2 into your windows source files is Autostreamer http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=223562.

10. Phil B.

Thanks to Foghorne, Peter2150 and Thomasjk for their responses to my Posts.

Was able to slipstream SP2 and XP using Autostreamer.

Ran PEbuilder and booted the system with the bootable CD.

Clicked Go\System\Storage and found ATI.

Restored 4 files successfully.

Again, thanks for all the help without which I would never have been able to create the BartPE Bootable CD.

Phil B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.