ProSecurity

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by starfish_001, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

2. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi Starfish_001,

Do you know how prosecurity compare to Process Guard and Regdefend? Does Prosecurity a better software, in term of security, than the combo Process Guard/Regdefend?

Thanks,
    Atomas31

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have just come across Pro Security in another thread. I too would like to know how it compares with SSM.

I have been using the full version of PG and have lately discovered that it is not protecting me in areas I thought it was.

Hopefull someone can enlighten me.

4. starfish_001

I'd say that is roughly equivalent to:

app and reg defend + PG

or SSM

I have not tested it fully but seems pretty good

Key logging , Memory protection, Execution control and chaining - all seem good tried a few test apps like those listed in the link.

Process termination seems ok as well

5. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Pro secuity is a very very nice product indeed. The only real issue is with the user interface which will be worked on in due time. Right now hes working on a few things and i guess this will take a couple weeks or so, but as it stands really from what i am seeing its going to be a contest between ProSecurity and System Safety Monitor. These two seem to be the top right now. I actually know the dev of ProSecurity and have been helping with testing/ideas and supplying info about what functions would be good to add and new attacks i figure out i pass the info to him and he finds a fix. I have found a new exlpoit a long time ago that i call Application cloning, whichi will nto go into detail about, but this will also be adressed in a very soon release of PS
    please goto our website and sign up on the forum for specific PS related info.

www.proactive-hips.com

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Maybe it has something to do with payware vs. freeware. :)

7. starfish_001

Thanks for the input - I've been a member / tester for a while. I'm interested in other peoples experience and how they have stressed testeed the product ....

I would agree at the moment PS , SSM appear to be very good compared to PG or App/Reg Defend (not tried the new alpha)

8. starfish_001

indeed - I guess this product is new as well - This product has been created very quickly

SSM and PG are both quite mature now ; App/Reg Defend or GSS has a well known developer in Jason.

9. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

even PS paid and PG paid. . there are only 2 real HIPS that are competing . . SSM and Prosecurity. Period. the PG team need to pull a rabit out of some where to be in the same race.

10. starfish_001

There are a few more options than that .....the point of the post is to explore experiences and protection capability not ramp this product or berate the PG team.

Based on track record SSM or App/Reg defend are stronger choices than pro-security but it appears to be a good product that has come a long way in a short time

11. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi,

I liked the Prosecurity suite. It has intelligent options like 'trust all running processes' or a general (system scope) versus specific rule setting (prces/application scope). This means that you can train the system in a tight way.

After the training period PS and DefenseWall did not seem to get along. I was just going to buy PS (I liked it over SSM). The developers say it is al DW's fault. Having paid for DW, I will wait until the incompatibility is solved.

One cannot compare the free version of SSM with PS. Both paid SSM and PS have the broadest scope of application and vulnability protection (white list based HIPS)

I did not mind because I had Dynamic Security Agent and CyberHawk running. Unluckiliy the new version of CB and DSA also do not work correctly together. So I decided to dump DSA.

That's the problem with security aps fiddling in the OS kernel

Regards

12. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

I had a quick look at ProSecurity,... I like the layout/UI,...... some good options.
    I will certainly be taking a closer look at this application/HIPS.

13. starfish_001

I have DW installed - and it seems to work fine. Maybe something went wrong during the training. I did manage to stop firefox from working this afternoon - just deleted the rules and started again....it all looked right but clearly was not ...

14. starfish_001

indeed this is what first attracted me - Gui is nice and clear, I prefer this to SSM.

15. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

If you are fairly convinced you want to buy PS, now might be the time to do so.

They presently offer a lifetime license, but plan shortly to change that -- as stated by the developer in Yonder thread.

16. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I have always loved ProcessGuard but i feel its being left behind in the dust clouds of proSecurity, and SSM and alike that all have so much more functionality . It would be nice to see Processguard pull something fresh out and stamp on other products . . but developement seems to be slow and when it happens its mostly bug fixes and not many features added if at all. Maybe i am wrong but my opinion. Presently after testing ProSecurity i am now testuing SSM Freeware and SSM seems to be "at the moment" the best option, but with my knowledge of Prosecurity i know that the developer has somethings up his sleeve hes working on so, if you did want PS now as the other fellow "bellgamin" said might be the best time to buy and see this product through its developement and be part of it. I am very excited so far with its progression.

17. starfish_001

indeed - and the product is pretty good as is. so this should be a good deal...

18. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

i guess this deal would not be around too long anyway with popularity rising as it is, so thats why a person can really get a worth while deal when a company is "about" to change their purchasing licence. I had not realised the impact of those deals lol its like a licence forever of that product no matter what version . . "+COOL+"
    :eek:
    :thumb:

19. Arup

Arup Guest

I have dumped all my other security apps except for Pro Security which has replaced SSM, all I have now is PS+Avast and my router and I have no worries whatsoever, the support system is the best, the developer himself helps you out.

20. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

WOW . . its really nice that people are getting more aware of ProSecurity because its a great product that is always growing. and you are absolutly correct the developer really does help people on here and www.Proactive-hips.com/forum

Truly good guy

21. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I agree. If they want more advertisement a limited free version will do the trick.

22. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

as i understand there is "i think" a freeware version planned. not 100% sure but i am sure i remmeber the developer talking about a freeware version at some point

23. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Yeh but life time could also mean XP life time, how long should that be?

24. starfish_001

a couple of years would work out ok? - if the patch guard situation persists

25. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

LOL
    http://www.proactive-hips.com/
    Gets a RED listing from Macafee Site advisor.
    I cant even find he links to what site advisor is concerned about.!!

oops yes I can in the "Links" tab on the main page: I hardly think that would qualify for a red listing (unless there is a hidden agenda somewhere ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.