|Acronis Forum Sections Closed!|
|As of August 15, 2009: Please be aware that the Acronis Forum sections have closed. No new threads or replies may be made in these sections. See this announcement for more information.|
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
Install issues with True Image 10
I have been trying to install True Image 10 from True Image 9 for a few days.
When trying to install, the install installs all the files, then with out warning or a message un-installs all the files, registry entries, and desktop icons. Then the installer states that the install was interupted and to try again.
I see that the services are still running and asked how I shut them off but I have received no response in two days. Just the same suggestions that don't work.
I tried un-installing 9.0 before installing but the same behavior persists.
Does any one have a list of all the services and names so I can shut them down? Or a way to get this to install?
Techincal support is putting out these rote suggestions that don't work:
Could you please do the following in order to check out the integrity of the installation package?
- Download the checksum utility from http://www.irnis.net/files/xcsci.exe
- Unpack and run the application and click on the ellipsis sign to browse and select the installation package you downloaded;
- Ckick "Start" button;
- The MD5 value for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home (build number 4871) must be 5d3d4ee6b8b53bb0637af4fb3a2f8f07
If the MD5 value is not 5d3d4ee6b8b53bb0637af4fb3a2f8f07 then you need to re-download the latest build.
If the MD5 value is 5d3d4ee6b8b53bb0637af4fb3a2f8f07 then please follow the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us and read the Microsoft article in order to solve the issue.
Could you please do the following?
1. Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install and run it;
2. Select the Acronis product you are trying to install and hit Remove;
3. Try to install the product again.
If the problem remains please send us a screen shot of an error message and describe us all actions taken step-by-step.
Re: Install issues with True Image 10
Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.
As far as I understoand you have already contacted Acronis Support Team regurding this issue. Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay and how the investigation of your issue is going.
Also could you please do the following in order to provide us with the additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible solution?
- Launch the product installation file;
- Right-click on the "Install Acronis True Image Home" button and select "Extract";
- Select the path for extracting the component and click "Save";
- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command:
msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name
Where msi-name is the path and name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to;
- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file created during the installation.
Then send the collected log file to Acronis Support Team as a reply to they last e-mail. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.
Acronis Customer Central
Acronis Backup Software
Acronis virtualization, p2v and v2p solutions
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|