does anyone know what this interactive forum stuff is??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

this is really starting to irritate me. when i start writting in reply boxes (like the one i'm writting in now) odd things happen. even when i try and click into the box to start writting, no blinking cursor thing appears, but it seems like instead of the focus being in the box, the 'align left' is selected above the box.

then the box starts being interactive too, like in the screenshot - Nautilus-actions is bold already, it should look like this [ b]Nautilus-actions[/b] and the nautilus-scripts url has done the same thing. how do i stop it from happening? is it javascript?

BTW, i posted here instead of General Topics because i think it might be a firefox thing.

lol i went to see what the general topics forum is called and just copied and pasted it, now that has become 'interactive' too, along with everything i'm writting after it o_O

i see things are selected, like atm bold and underline are selected. i didn't select bold, it did it by itself, i did however select underline to check what was happening. but, now i can't deselect them :'(

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8307/reply2pl4.th.jpg

Attached Files:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "become interactive" exactly, but, it's got to be something with a Firefox setting or an extension that is perhaps meant to be helping you with formatting or whatever, but, is getting in your way by doing more than you want it to do. Are you running any Firefox extensions? If so, try disabling them, also clearing cache and restarting the browser is advised until you find what specific thing is causing it.

The copy/paste thing makes some kind of sense also in keeping with the idea that it is a formatting tool... When you copied the full link/name, the formatting of the font came along with it.

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

there are no extentions running apart from the Engliah Language Pack (a default extention) because i'm currently using the ubuntu livecd. and there are only two javascript options selected - Move or resize Existing Windows and Raise or Lower Windows.

also, the copy and paste doesn't work with the mouse so i have to use the keyboard, so it seems more of a bug. i probably should have checked some linux forums first. i'll go and have a look. thanks for the help.

this post hasn't been so bad probably because i haven't tried copying anything, i'll try and copy something now, then if it still happens try emptying the cache

interactive forum stuff is?? it did it again! still with no option to paste with the mouse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.