has been released 8-10-2006
Homer is a LocalHost webserver.
Homer listens to IP address 127.0.0.1 on port 80 for Http requests and serves up an image of your choice to your webbrowser. If you block Ads with a gigantic Hosts file - Homer is for you i.e.. Homer can dramatically improve the speed of your browsing experience
- Two command line switches.
- “L” - will start Homer with logging enabled.
- “m” - will start Homer Minimized.
These additions were a users request and I find it quite cool myself.
These switches can be used in a short-cut for instance:
- Make a shortcut to Homer.
- -Right Click on the Shortcut.
- -Next to “Target” you’ll see something like “C\where I put it\Homer.exe”
- -Simply add an l and/or an m after the last quote, separating them with a space like so:
“C\where I put it\Homer.exe” l m
- Hit Apply and you are finished.
If you’d like Homer to start at start-up, copy the shortcut and paste it into your Start-up folder and you are good to go.