SpywareBlaster Troubleshooting and Tips & Tricks
We've just uploaded a brand new knowledgebase with many more articles, covering many more programs, and with answers to almost every common question asked.
Javacool Software Knowledgebase
Please check the knowledgebase if the answer you are looking for doesn't appear here. Thanks!
(1) When trying to install SpywareBlaster, the following error is displayed: "An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5. Access is denied. "
This error means the file is in use by another program.
First, try rebooting your machine, and then (before you run any programs) try installing SpywareBlaster again.
If that does not work, try closing down all open programs or rebooting into Safe Mode, and you should be able to successfully install SpywareBlaster.
(2) An error message 'A required DLL file MSVBVM60.DLL was not found' is displayed when trying to run SpywareBlaster.
Please download and install the latest Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 run-times:
You should then be able to use SpywareBlaster without any problems.
(3) An error message 'MSCOMCTL.OCX" cannot be found' is displayed.
Please use the following MSCOMCTL Installer to copy and register the missing file on your system. You should then be able to use SpywareBlaster without any problems.
(4) A "Runtime Error" is displayed when running SpywareBlaster, after trying to download updates.
Please try the following:
1.) Browse to your SpywareBlaster directory (usually C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster).
2.) Delete the "sbdatabase.dtb", "ckdatabase.dtb" and "sbinfo.dtb" files.
3.) Run SpywareBlaster (press "NO" when it asks you to download updates because the files are missing.)
4.) Press the settings button and check the item "Use Alternative Download Method". Save the Settings.
5.) Now Check for Updates and see if it works correctly.
With luck, the above should fix the problem.
(1) "I would like to perform manual updates - is there a way I can do so?"
Yes there is - simply download the following seven files and overwrite the ones currently in your SpywareBlaster directory (C:\Program Files\SpywareBlaster by default):
The links to these files may change in the future, so please check back frequently.
(2) "How do I locate or search for a specific item in the SpywareBlaster database?"
If you know the CLSID or the name, you can search SpywareBlaster by right-clicking in the list window, clicking Find and typing in the CLSID or the name.
A graphic showing this is available in the following thread: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=11675
The following threads may provide some additional helpful information if a solution is not available above for any trouble you have.
SpywareBlaster problems with MSINET.ocx or MSCOMCTL.ocx? Read in...
*Official BrightFort Website*
*Please note: I am not responsible if any advice herein causes any trouble whatsoever *
Last edited by javacool : March 2nd, 2008 at 02:37 AM.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|