New release: Advanced Process Termination v4.0

Discussion in 'DCS Freeware' started by Wayne - DiamondCS, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Advanced Process Termination v4.0 is now available.

The main additions to this version ...
    - New improved interface, showing icons and cmdline params of each process
    - A new kernel-mode kill technique has been added
    - The total number of user-mode kill techniques is now up to 12. The latest addition includes a technique where an accomplice process is used to do the termination instead of the apt.exe process.
    - By popular demand i've brought back the Multi-Kill feature (it seems many people were unhappy it wasn't included in v3 so we've not only brought it back, but improved it)

In summary, APT now has:
    2 x kernel-mode kill techniques
    12 x user-mode kill techniques
    2 x fatal crash techniques
    2 x suspension techniques

Download (53kb - FREEWARE :))
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/downloads/apt.zip

Enjoy!

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

3. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

without giving away secrets: is there anything this app cant kill?

Lbd.

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

ProcessGuard, when properly configured - APT allows you to help verify that you're configured it properly.

Best regards,
    Wayne

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

nice app.... good work guys. :)

6. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

and TDS-3...!
    I was having problems and decided to use DCS DelayExec to start TDS-3. Normally I'm right there to answer 'y', but today I went for a coffee, and when I returned and entered the response, TDS-3 partly launched and then froze. I waited (and waited) and finally tried to cancel it. Up popped a message that I had to turn off the debugger (whatever that is...possibly MS Debugging Tool 32 bit needed by sysinternals process explorer). So I tried APT 4.0, no way could TDS-3 be terminated (and I had removed it's protection in PG 3.3b4).
    I had to reboot by pressing the hardware button because the system just wouldn't shutdown itself.
    So I'm going to give up on TDS-3 as a startup, and just run it manually, once in awhile.

I guess congratulations are in order to DCS for it's protection vs. it's termination programs.

Plus, on reboot, the Perfect Disk preboot complined that it couldn't get exclusive access to the c: drive and skipped it.

7. Get

Get Guest

Me. :cool:

8. airmax

airmax Registered Member

Hi, all!

I have question to developers of this very useful tool :)
    Older versions of APT allow enter PID manually, if process not listed.

Is there possible to add it in new versions?

Tnx.

9. vlk

vlk AV Expert

10. toadbee

toadbee Registered Member

From the old help file:
    "Kernel Kill 2 - Attempts to terminate the target process by calling the kernel-mode version of TerminateProcess - ZwTerminateProcess." :D

they still should update the page though :p

11. DominiqueB

DominiqueB Registered Member

Hello,
    i've problems with that tool:
    when running it i get a error saying "The procedure GetStockObject could not be located in the dll GDI32.dll"
    I use XP-pro sp1.

Any idea ?

Thank's

12. romulous

romulous Registered Member

Yeah, I know of one process APT (Advanced Process Termination) can't kill. Mind you, I know of no other process tool that can kill it either. There is a process called Ctxfispi.exe that comes with Creative Sound Blaster soundcard drivers (well, it does at least with the X-Fi drivers - it's installed into c:\windows\system32 on my Windows XP PC). I have never been able to work out what this process does exactly, but whatever its purpose is, I know it is only meant to run temporarily while you have one of the utilities that come with the Creative drivers open (volume control utility, mode switcher, audio console or whatever), and when you close the Creative app, it is meant to close Ctxfispi.exe also. This it seems to do in most cases. You can see this by opening your favourite process app, checking the running process list before you open a Creative utility, then checking it after you open one of these apps, before finally checking it again after closing the app. Ctxfispi.exe appears as a running process while you have the app open, and disappears shortly after you close it.

Anyway, a few days ago, I upgraded to the newest X-Fi drivers (only released in the last 2 weeks or so). For some reason, after the upgrade, Ctxfispi.exe was running all the time (this was after I had installed the drivers and rebooted my PC). So, having APT on my system, I tried to terminate it. Every single APT termination method failed. I then tried Windows built in Task Manager: failed. Next to try was Sysinternals Process Manager: failed. It seems that only this process can kill itself. However, it is the only process I've come across on my PC that can resist all APT kill methods.

I'm hopeful that if the DiamondCS guys have a Creative soundcard that has this process in the drivers for it, they can examine it, find out what makes it tick, and code a way into APT for it to be able to be killed. I am using v4 of the utility also.

Regards,

CM

13. Dwarden

Dwarden Registered Member

ctxfispi.exe is related e.g. to autodetecting headphone plug in/out

14. vlk

vlk AV Expert

15. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

I'd like to see this option reinstated also since APT does not list all processes in its main window.

16. kirvam

kirvam Registered Member

I get the same thing. Is this function no longer available in the GDI32.dll version in xp sp1?
    Have you heard anything on this?

Thanks!

-kirvam

17. romulous

romulous Registered Member

Hi vlk,

None that I know of. I can't say I would have tried every single tool out there, but I've tried a lot, and none of them have been able to kill it. Advanced Process Termination certainly can't kill it, and that's the question I was responding to.

Regards,

CM

18. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hey,

cool, this webpage is also a sneak preview of the upcoming new hp of DiamondCS.. :D

I like the Layout and Design ;-)

best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.