Spywareblaster Update Office Setup Opens

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by seidler, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seidler

seidler Registered Member

I have seen this 3 times in the last week on WIndows XP Sp2 systems. When I open Spywareblaster 3.51 and attempt to manually update it a dialog box opens asking for the Office Install CD to complete an office installation. 2 of these systems have Office 2003 and 1 has Office 2000. Any Ideas? Office runs fine on all 3 systems and this only happens when I click the "Check for Updates" button.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

We are aware of this happening when a user is opening the program but this is the first I have seen where it is happening after the program is up\running and then another action is taken.

In any case....I'll still offer what we normally offer which is to give Office what it wants and then SB usually procedes normally.

**As a side note in case it helps....what I found when attempting to narrow this down in the past....the problem followed at least this scenario:

• signed on User A has Office installed fully and then Spywareblaster is installed. This usually works without a hickup.
    • User B then signs on but has not run one of the installed Office products yet and then installs Spywareblaster at which time upon execution of SB the user is prompted for the Office CD. At which time the user should let Office have what it wants. It finishes the portion of the .msi install it needs for that user and then Spywareblaster usually works as advertised.
    The below MSKB article allowed me to make some sense of it way back when given the fact SB does use the Mscomctl.ocx file:

Windows Installer prompts you for an Office 2000 CD, or you receive an "Error 1706" error message after you start a program that uses the Mscomctl.ocx file

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.