not getting email notifications

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by ginahoy, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginahoy

ginahoy Registered Member

Hi,

I'm a relatively new member to this forum. The threads I've started are all set up for instant notification. I also subscribed to an active thread started someone else, which I set up for weekly notification. Although there have been several responses to current and previous threads, I've never received a notice.

I use Firefox, WinME and have RoadRunner cable modem. I use an AOL IMAP account for all forum email (via Outlook Express). I have the AOL spam folders set up in OE so I can check the spam that hits my folders daily.

Any ideas?

David

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I use Opera, Windows Xp, RoadRunner. I use NOD32, I have it set-up to send me a email notice anytime NOD32 catches anything as I have it set to silent mode (I get no annoying screen warning dialog boxes) and I subscribe to a news letter which I haven't recived in a year. I can't find the right RoadRunner email policy, But it has to do with what elements RoadRunner will except as legitimate mail (complete header, subject, addresses),allowing it to pass through their email servers.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm sorry I didn't respond to this earlier....

We have all kinds of trouble sending emails to AOL. AOL has many layers of anti-spam protection, and not all of it results in emails ending up in your AOL based spam folders. They reject a lot of email right at the point where outside mail servers try to hand it off. (Which is what Carver was saying above.) I'm afraid you won't be able to get these type of notification emails from this forum if you use AOL mail. Best I can suggest is to use a different email account to collect such notification messages.

4. ginahoy

ginahoy Registered Member

Thanks for advice. I do have a couple of other (POP3) email accounts I could use. Maybe someday I'll get off of my AOL fix forever (at least with rr, I don't have to give them any of my hard-earned $ any longer!!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.