WIERD TrueImage and Universal restore build numbers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremyotten, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

for example

TrueImage is build 3567
    But Universal Restore is build 3568

Also the update of universal restore wasn't there as an update download.

Also when I press help about when booted from cd there is no build number for Universal Restore.

Its getting a bit weird this way.

Acronis could you please clarify all of this.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please be aware that this is a quite normal situation when Acronis Universal Restore and Acronis True Image itself have different build numbers.

Please also note that the Acronis Universal Restore installation file that can be downloaded from the Registered Products section of your account at our web site just activates Acronis Universal Restore functionality included into the original product installation file. That's why there will be no separate updates for Acronis Universal Restore. All fixes and improvements concerning Acronis Universal Restore will be included in the future builds of the corresponding Acronis True Image versions themselves.

As for the Bootable Rescue Media (CD), the corresponding Acronis Universal Restore build number is not provided in it's Help -> About. If you created Bootable Rescue CD using the corresponding Acronis True Image version with Acronis Universal Restore installed (activated) then the information in it's Help -> About menu should be as follows: corresponding Acronis True Image version, build number and an addendum "with Acronis Universal Restore".

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. jeremyotten

But if it only activates the Universal restore why are there then different Universal restore build numbers?

and I am sure that when I updated from universal restore build 3534 to 3567 the screens in de bootcd where different for universal restore with the same trueimage build.

So your storie isn't entirely true.

Why did we need to update then from universal restore 3602 to 3625 to let it work with the newer build. Again something that tell that your story aint true.

so my request and that of the entire community is please add the updates to the update section.

P.S a download of ca 7MB is pretty weird to only activate a feature aint it? It really adds something!

4. Acronis Support

Hello Jeremy,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'll clarify these points once more and answer your questions as soon as possible.

As this can take a few days, I apologize in advance for any delay with the response.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Yeah, it adds the 2 files named by Mustang, a third file and a dll, as well as a few registry entries. I had taken their statement that it did not add anything at face value and even quoted it. My bad!

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  6. Acronis Support

Hello Jeremy and everyone interested,

I'm very sorry for misleading you all with my initial explanation.

I've just been contacted by the respective person from our Development Team and he assured me that, as you have already fugured out, Acronis Uinversal Restore installation not just activates functionality included into the original product but also installs some additional components.

As for Acronis Universal Restore build numbers, we recommend that you always use the latest build of Acronis Universal Restore available in the Registered Products section of your account in conjunction with the latest build of the respective Acronis True Image version available in the Product Updates section of your account.

Jeremy, I've forwarded your suggestion to "add the updates to the update section" to the respective person. The updates for Acronis Universal Restore will most likely be moved from the Registered Products to Product Updates section in the nearest future.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. jeremyotten

GREAT! THANKS!

8. jeremyotten

It has bin almost a month now and still no Universal Update build in the Update section.

Can't be that hard.

Acronis please respond!

Thanx in Advance
    Jeremy Otten
    Netherlands

9. Acronis Support

Dear Jeremy,

We are working on your problem and I can assure you that we will do everything possible to make our site more convenient for our customers. We have recently launched a new program to review and modify our site and to make it more easy for our customers to find the appropriate product. Your input is very important for us and we will do our best to improve our site functionality and simplicity.

Thank you.
    --
    Andrew Berezovsky

10. jeremyotten

OK the Universal Restore and Universal Deploy items are added to the updates section = very good

BAD THING = The build numbers aren't mentioned
    Second Bad thing = The Updates aren't mentioned on:

http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

PLEASE FIX and everything is perfect and Everyone will be happy

Thanx in Advance
    Jeremy Otten
    Netherlands

11. Acronis Support

Hello Jeremy,

Please note that the new builds of Acronis Universal Restore and the builds of respective Acronis True Image released together and have the same build numbers. Plus since Acronis Universal Restore is a plug-in for Acronis True Image (corporate versions) the builds of both products should match each other. So in the "Product Updates" section of the account one will be able to download the latest build of Acronis True Image and appropriate build of Acronis Universal Restore.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

12. mma8108

mma8108 Registered Member

I too can only see the TI update. NO update listed for Universal Restore, which I did purchase at the same time as TI (2 months ago)...HELP!

13. mma8108

mma8108 Registered Member

Never mind. It appears that I did not register my purchase of Universal Restore, like I did of TI. Once I registered it, it was available for download. Sorry.

M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.