using acronis with a network place doesnt work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bwana, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwana

bwana Registered Member

I added my idisk from my dot mac account to my network places. The folder shows up on my windows desktop and i can even see all the files that my various macs have dumped there. When I drag and drop a file from my windows machine into the idisk, it too appears there. All is well with idisk and windows. HOWEVER, acronis says it successfully backs up a file to the idisk but it never appears there. acronis works with the hard drives in the pc but cannot go to the shared folder. Has anyone succeeded in getting acronis to work this way?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bwana,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please boot your computer from the bootable rescue media, create an image in rescue mode and see whether the problem still persists.

If the problem persists, please reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. bwana

bwana Registered Member

attached is the log you requested. Acronis reports that it backs up properly onto idisk, but the file is not there. idisk functions normally and drag/drop operations between windows xp pro machine and idisk work fine. idisk is a network share that is accessed through webdav.

Attached Files:

4. Acronis Support

Hello bwana,

Could you please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem?

- What exact version and build number of Acronis True Image do you use?

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

- What operating system do you use?

- What file system your "MAC" network share is formatted to?

- Does the problem appear both when you create a disk\partition image and a file-based backup?

- Make screen shots of your consequent steps taken during the image creation process;

- Make screen shot of the Windows Explorer window showing the contents of the "MAC" network share before and after the image creation;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. bwana

bwana Registered Member

thank you for your reply. i resolved the problem. Idisk is a share from a pc that apple maintains. the network connection is through webdav. unfortunately, windows xp has a flakey webdav redirector resulting in buggy behavior. Once i used netdrive to mount the share, all is well. Now, can you tell me how to instruct acronis to make a backup every hour?

thanks.

stefan

6. Acronis Support

Hello stefan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved.

I'm afraid that Acronis True Image does not have such option to create an image every hour.

However, using Acronis True Image you can create individual scheduled task for every hour.

Please find more information on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.