Desktop with a left panel like a folder

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Clara, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clara

Clara Registered Member

Hi, my desktop is looking like a windows folder with a left panel.

Can anyone help me remove this thing?

Clara

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Is it active, I mean can you actually click on a link and it works?

I have not seen anything like that [maybe somone else has] but how about right clicking on your Task Bar at bottom, move mouse to 'Toolbars....' and see what's in there. It may be a form of Toolbaro_O Just a guess. :doubt:

If you see anything extra in there [apart from my basic one see pic with Quick Launch checked] and you do not recall putting it there, see if it can be UNchecked if tick beside it. [simply click on it] and see if it goes away.

If it's not a 'toolbar' then I am at a loss personally.

TAS

edit: If it's not active [you cannot click on links, etc], it's probably just a background image that you've somehow managed to 'set' in there. IF that's the case, reset your background image to something else to check the changes.

Attached Files:

• 139.JPG
      139.JPG
      File size:
      19.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  3. Clara

Clara Registered Member

Hi Tas

The links are active and sometimes the pictures of the Quick Launch bar, start changing.

This append after someone try to remove winfixer of my computer.

I can change the picture of my desktop, but i can not change/remove the left panel.

Thank you anyway.

Clara

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

:ouch: now it becomes clear....

okie, the only thing I personally recommend for you would be to post a HiJackThis log file at a forum which handles such. [We do NOT, as per NOTICE & RECOMMENDATIONS FOR SITES HERE who will help.

They can advise and give you step by step instructions, since this appears to be still showing signs of infection in this case, OR you also have extra infections, as that is usually the case with malware 2 or more being present.

Once you go to a site, please read the information, etc. first regarding posting a HJT log and be patient. :)

Also another excellent site is GLADIATOR SECURITY FORUM

Your pick :) but definitely you do need to get it seen to.

Once again, please read carefully all the regulations/obligations of each forum regarding posting a HJT log file for help, and patience is needed as there are many people seeking help.
    You will also need to Register more than likely at any of the sites before help is given. [Free]

Winfixer certainly drops a lot of garbage as SEEN HERE

Now, you could try self help if pretty confident with PC AT THIS FORUM OR get help by the guys at the forum of BLEEPING COMPUTERS but it's up to you.

HTH, Cheers, TAS

5. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.