disapointment.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Itsme, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Going to the nod website

http://www.eset.com/home/home.htm

and choosing Belgium as country

I am redirected to following website

http://www.nod32.lu/home/home.php

which is completely in French, there is not even an option to have it in my own language...Dutch.

Don't Eset guys know that the huge majority of the Belgian population speak Dutch (or Nederlands) like in Holland and not French?

Gooday
    Itsme

2. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

They know nothing about the political constellation in Belgium, and that's the reason they make this fault.;)

Belgium: a country splitted by the three languages people can (or can not or refusing to) speak:

- Vlaams (kind of Dutch)
    - French
    - German

I advise Marcos to read some stuff about Belgium, after that he will understand his choice for Luxembourg is not very wise;)

3. Upasaka

Upasaka Guest

4. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Thanks,

Maybe in Belgium one should have the option to be referred to the NL , LU or DE website. This would avoid having to setup a site for Belgium in 3 languages.

Itsme

5. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Thanks, but the Flemish people in Belgium have a problem that only can be solved with a correct link on the NOD website.

They are redirected to Luxembourg and that site is in French.

Changing the link to nod32.nl is neither a good idea for the french-speaking people in Belgium, and there are German-speaking people in Belgium too.:eek:

Confusing?
    Yes.

But it is reality.

6. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I was just writing message #5 and your message was popping up on my screen:D

What you proposed is indeed the ONLY proper solution:)

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

8. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Hi Paul,

Both sites you metion are again in French... my language is Nederlands...and...

Is not about the activation, nor the Dutch version of the software but about the Language of the site ALL Belgians are referred to... French where the large majority of the population in Belgium is Dutch (Nederlands) speaking. So if you want to reach the majority of the Belgian population, then one should be referred to a Dutch website... like NL and not LU

Ciao
    Itsme

9. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Hi Paul!

Nice to see you back again on the forum!:)

Happy Xmas and a very good 2006!!!

I have followed the link that NOD32 provides (http://www.nod32.lu/home/home.php), and indeed everything is in French.

And French IS indeed for a lot of Belgium people a real problem, and they understand nothing what NOD is telling them;)

And how about the German speaking people in Belgiumo_O?

IMHO Itsme has a valid argument;)

Best regards,

Smokey

10. linguist

linguist Guest

How about the Chinese, Spanish, etc. spoken in the USA? I say choose the language you understand and not base it on a country.

11. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Please read this thread with care, and you will understand that your answer is not bringing us to a helpfull solution:rolleyes:

12. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Belgian internet is still in its infancy. Compared with the Netherlands, Belgium is still in the Dark Ages.
    If I google with dutch words I meet alot more NL-websites than BE-websites or no BE-website at all.

Belgium has 3 official languages : Dutch (Flemish), French and German, which means that each website should have a translation in at least 3 languages, which is technically easy to do.
    If I was a website designer in Belgium, I would even add English as 4th language.

The average Belgian, doesn't know about KAV or NOD32, including me two years back. I asked my brother yesterday. He also never heard of KAV or NOD32. But most Belgians know NAV. :D
    That's one of the reasons, why I'm a member at Wilders to know all these unknown softwares in Belgium.

If I was the King in Belgium. I would give
    - the dutch part of Belgium and Brussels to the Netherlands.
    - the french part of Belgium to France.
    - the german part of Belgium to Germany.
    and that would be the end of Belgium and its ridiculous language problems and FOUR governments, which is even more absurd for such a LITTLE country.

13. Paul Wilders

I do see your point. That said: it's in essence not an ESET issue as such: it's a (re)sellers issue. As you probably know, ESET resides in Slovakia and the USA. From there, (re)sellers are available for many countries - Belgium included. One cannot expect ESET starting another home office in Belgium, so it's up to solid and trustworthy Flemish companies to join in as a (re)seller. As it seems, until this very moment no Flemish company joined in. And that's a pitty for sure. If the Dutch are able to do so, for sure Flemish companies can. It's up to them in the end...

regards,

paul

14. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

ErikAlbert,

thanks for the explanation, for sure you know what you are talking about 'cause you are living in Antwerp and i may assume you are a pure flemish guy;)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  15. liguist

liguist Guest

Please read my answer with care. Instead of choosing a country you reside in, Eset should just make languages translations available so the customer can choose a language not a country.

16. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

I mean to understand what you mean but... afaik the USA website is in English... which is.. (until Spanish will take over) still the language of the majority op the people in the USA. So would every (English speaking) USA citizen appreciate to be referred to a Spanish or Chineese website? I think only the minority would be in favour of such a solution.

Please note that Frensh IS NOT the language of the majority of the citizens in Belgium but Nederlands (which is 99% similar to Dutch/Nederlands) like spoken in The Netherlands.

Final stop. Itsme

17. Paul Wilders

Hi there ;) . You may not be able to notice my presence, but I'm around rather often ;)

Best wishes to you and those close to you as well!

regards,

paul

18. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Paul,

thanks for this clear and understandable answer!:)

I will edit my answer to ErikPaul;)

19. Paul Wilders

My pleasure ;)

No need to. But feel free in case you want to do so.

regards,

paul

20. ErikAlbert

Yes, but I consider myself as a world citizen and I also think that way.

21. ErikAlbert

I second that.

22. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

How can it be a resellers issue if it is the official US Eset site that refers me to the Luxembourg (french) website.

I am not the only one who would prefer to be referred to the Dutch NL webiste instead of the Luxembourg / French one.

Ciao
    Itsme

23. Paul Wilders

Erik,

You've lost me here - quoting from a different thread on a different sub forum o_O Would you mind explaining as of why your last post is essential to the topic at hand over on this thread?

regards,

paul

24. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

25. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

To me Paul's explanation was very clear;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.