True image dependencies

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by phantom_otw, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phantom_otw

phantom_otw Guest

Hey..
    I am currently slimming down my XP by removing uneccessary services and components and would like to know which windows components Acronis needs in order to function 100%.
    Having removed alot, I found that I could not create rescue medias.... so specifically which windows components is rescue media creation (and all of true image) dependant on?

Thanks in advance

2. phantom_otw

phantom_otw Guest

Using dependencywalker I discover that mediabuilder.exe is dependant on "MSJAVA.DLL" and "MSOERT2.DLL".

First one is part of Micrsoft Virtual Machine which I disabled - using Syn Java instead!!!

Second is part of Outlook Express which I also disabled - using Thunderbird as mail client!

I find it rather lame the meduiabuilder.exe is dependant on an Outlook expressfile and also that it cannot use Sun jave module instead of Microsofts old VM :(

Would love to see these issues addressed so that people, like myself, who are not die-hard fan of ALL Microsoft products/default windows installs can use Acronis to create rescue medias

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.