antihook free for home users

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by zorro zorrito, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivo

Ivo Registered Member

Hi myopinion,

You will be definitely able to use the same registration key for the new product!

Thanks,

2. sharkking

sharkking Registered Member

Hi Ivo,
    I've been using AT 2.5 for a few weeks and quite happy with it. However, it would be better if you let the user to manually add rules. I've had BSOD twice in normal mode after the computer restarted and resumed from standby. I check the minidump and see that in normal mode and during startup and resume processes, AT blocked some modules and caused the crash. Changing to fingerprint mode before restart or resume a few times fixed the problems.

3. M70

M70 Guest

It doesn't work, it says that there's no such program (?)

I've tried to install Antihook again on the same folder, but nothing changes.

4. Ivo

Ivo Registered Member

Download the setup from our site or download.com, save it on your hard disk and then right click on it and select Uninstall.

Regards,

5. M70

M70 Registered Member

As I told before it doesn't work, it says that there's no such program, so it doesn't uninstall anything. o_O

And Antihook it's on the WinXP Registry.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  6. Ivo

Ivo Registered Member

You seem to have a problem with your MS Windows Installer. If an installation fails MS Windows Installer must make sure that the system is restored back to a consistent previous state. However this didn’t happen on your machine.

We will publish a utility on our site to clean the registry. BTW, next version of the system comes with our own custom uninstaller, whose purpose is to replace MS Installer.

Cheers,

7. Arup

Arup Guest

M70, if you have XP System restore running, try restoring your system.

8. Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis Registered Member

Whenever I've encountered these type of "inability to uninistall" issues I've always resolved it by re-installing the problem program and then uninstalling it via the Control Panel. At least that has always worked for me. Good luck.

9. boast

boast Guest

Does anybody know a way to stop the "Antihook is running in normal mode" ballon from poping up everytime you start windows?

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

That would be great too...

11. I want activation code for Drive Vaccin software

12. AHTester

AHTester Guest

Well, it Nov 1st and no new release of AH yet. I don't mean to rush anyone, but any comments Ivo?

13. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Hi guys.
    A few things here.

AH is very good and i like it, But:

AH does not like multi xp user systems ie USER SWITCHING. In normal mode you get lots of freezes that require hard reboot even after extencive "fingerprinting". Now this is my opinion (considering that AH fixes the multi user environment crashes) this for me is the best security: Outpost Firewall Pro (latest) + (Either Process Guard Or Tiny Personal Firewall) these work very very well. Now i like the process guard because of termination protection, But process guard slows your system down on reboots and reloads and can not detect all "service" instalations ie kernel keyloggers etc. Tiny Personal Firewall (WITH FIREWALL CUSTOM NOT INSTALLED) < Very important Do not install the "firewall" function of tiny. Tiny is great all round protection for your system (less the termination protection) and the ouotpost firewall is te best "firewall" i have seen. If you use any other firewall and say block Internet Explorer or any other program what happens? Your program sits there and sits there and sits there waiting until it times out . . . What happens when you do the same test with outpost, and block a programs access to the net? Boompf No net . . This program can not access blah blah blah No timeouts its instant ..click your finger and theres no waiting, for example a program that tries to do something online first and sits there before it continues loading, it just loads because the net cut off is instant. Fantastic firewall.

I would love your opinions about this combonation, and although slightly off topic i would like some quick opinions about Agnitum Outpost Firewall if anyone has ever used it as i have..

Great guys

Later

wes

14. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

I thought AH was free for home users .

15. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

it is free??

But i am looking for a good package like process guard thats a little more stable. Sometimes Process Guard slows everything down at startup . . . . . and then installises and Ooo everything starts to load. i like the operation of process guard, but i like the operation of AH But i simply can NOT use AH in my Switch User situations as mentioned above. So i had to uninstall it and i am using Tiny personal firewall for now for the exec protection.

has anyone got any ideas?

16. Ivo

Ivo Registered Member

AH is free and will be free for home users.

You should probably wait for the new release of AH. I know we are running late but hopefully will be out by the end of the month.

Regards,

17. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Good news :)

I'm anxious to try it... ;)

18. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

I hope it will fix the issue with Switched Users. I simply can not and Will not use it if it keeps me restarting manually every time a family member switches to their system. At the moment i am using a temporary thing called "Shadow User" This is very good for using your system like a VMWare its self. You restart your system in "shadow mode" and anything you do is not actually written to the hard disk normally. What ever you do is saved in "free space" and it not actually files, So you can test keyloggers and security packages and it the screw you up you disable shadow mode and say loose changes. If you suffer power failor or sudden glitch that makes your system not shut down properly, you will loose all then changes anyway. You can select what drives to "shadow" and in that shadow you can exclude files and dir's from shadowing. Its a nice adative to this security, But i will wait till new version to try AH.

Cheers

19. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

20. anynews

anynews Guest

Any news yet on the next release of AntiHook? Was wondering if it's due out soon. Thx.

21. I don't see any smoke message about new AntiHook!!!

22. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

see post 241

23. Antihook4

Antihook4 Guest

Does antihook include any folder protection?

24. Brinn

Brinn Registered Member

I have been having this problem where I would think I have the ruleset for AntiHook all set and then pop ups that haven't been occurring start occurring. I finally narrowed it down to my having set Eraser 5.7 to clean the slack space every night. I confirmed it by setting a few rules and then wiping them by running Eraser. It's not a security problem since having no rules means everything is disallowed, but it is very annoying to have to deal with.

25. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

In regards to the new version. Bigc the post 241 was in Nov. I'm looking forward to the end of the month. Maybe this month?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.