NOD32 with Integrated Firewall and Antispam?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fosius, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I've just read that Eset is preparing a new beta version with integrated Firewall and Antispam. beta will be probably released at the end of this year.. ESET is it true? I am afraid if NOD32 is not going to be something like NORTON (high memory usage, slowdowns...)

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

If it's true, I hope you can disable the firewall and all the other stuff without NOD popping up complaining about it..
    I really hate when those 'suits' do that :p

3. rothko

rothko Registered Member

have you got a link to the article, fosius?

4. fosius

fosius Registered Member

it is written on Viry.cz site... I can give you a link but it is in Slovak. Link

5. rothko

rothko Registered Member

:D thanks. i can just about understand NOD32 s firewallom a antispamom. think i'll stick with your original idea of waiting for someone from Eset to reply :)

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The new Kaspersky Internet Security have all these feature and doesn't seem a resource hog...

The ESET team have an excellent team and does an excellent work... ;)

7. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Mám informácie priamo s ESET-u, že na prelome rokov 2005/2006 vyjde testovacia verzia NOD32 s firewallom a antispamom. Dobrá správa pre fanúšikov: s najväčšou pravdepodobnosťou sa zaň nebude priplácať-ako v prípade AVG+firewall, ale bude zdarma.:) Dúfam, že sa IGI za túto správu nenahnevá ale toto mal zverejniť on:)

->

I have some information from ESET, that they want to release a new beta version NOD32 with firewall and antispam at the end of 2005.. Good news for fans: probably you will not have to pay extra money for it, it will be free for legal users..

8. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

These are good news indeed!

9. vee

vee Registered Member

I am sure it is true and I am sure it will be "same style" as NOD ;)... I see a good competiton now between NIS*2006 and KIS2006...

Regards,
    vee

* NOD Internet Security :p

10. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

I sure hope it doesn't show a red icon like disabling DMON, IMON, etc....if you turn off the firewall/spam.

11. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

Interesting...
    But i think Eset should focus on getting the best Antivirus before that but very interesting :)

12. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Deep throat will be shot, maimed, tortured and shot again (um auf die nummer sicher geh'n) :ninja:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  13. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Maybe Nod32 thinks they have to go this way to stay competitive. If they do develop this, I hope there is an option to use just the AV. Like some others I very much dislike suites. I much prefer to configure my own protection.

14. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Since this news had already been exposed, I might as well admit that I knew this was coming, though I was not 100% sure at the time (May 2005). I was like about 70% sure :D

But I sure do hope the price does not rise because of the FW and Anti-Spam!!!

15. Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!! No NOD32 suites!!!! I hope we can Install only NOD32 antivirus..I hope to see in the instalation an opition to INSTALL only the antivirus...

16. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

I wonder if the Firewall and AntiSpam is made by Eset or if they "bought" it from someone else like Sygate or Agnitum?

17. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Hmmm. I am not a big fan of suites either. However if it works well and is still low on memory, I don't have a problem with it. Heck, maybe I could dump Kerio. :D

18. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Who's antispam and firewall will they licence or will it be their own? You know all the security sites will put it under the micoscope and leak test it etc so it can't be some half done thing. Same with the antispam. They should see how their competition is being proded and poked. Hope they're reading extensively the stuff on the Wilder's firewall forum and other reviews elsewhere. Oh, and I hope there is no rendering problem.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  19. Trooper

What's all this about a rendering problem? Is this still going on? Do you mean with just the NOD32 GUI or rendering pages while browsing the web?

20. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

NOD32 GUI. There is a thread about it in this forum. A very very long thread.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=80518

21. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

im not excited about a nod32 spam and firewall features, like many i prefer just using the nod32 antivirus and choosing my own firewall. otoh if eset makes their own firewall, id like to test it and see how it compares to the competition.

22. Trooper

Yeah I remember that thread. Sadly I did not realize that the problem still exists.

Did it not have something to do with the DX level of your video card? I recall FireCat tallying some stuff up with that if my memory serves me correctly. ;)

23. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

wasnt the problem related to ati cards and drivers? if so, that explains why i never had those problems as i only use nvidia.

24. Marauder

Marauder Registered Member

Well if it does happen I hope you can choose to just install the av or disable them at least I like just NOD32 being a AV I hope they stay that way.

25. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

So does this mean that NOD will be offering "an additional product", but that the stand-alone AV will still remain as an item that someone could still purchase if the only want the AV? Hopefully that's the case, and it won't be "replacing" or "easing/filtering out" the stand-alone AV....because like many others, I wouldn't be interested in a "suite", but I am interested in NOD for an AV only.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.