Something`s corrupting my anti-trojans!Help!

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by arvedui, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arvedui

arvedui Registered Member

I recently recieved a package of some nasty software bundled to an avi file.
    It included some system slowing stuff,worms etc. I did use many software to get rid of this but there is something left on my computer(I removed Dedler.Worm,Ballhack trojan and some others AFAIR).

But something is still lurking out there and damaged most of my anti trojans incl."ewido" "twister anti trojan" "wormguard" and "tauscan". (they send message they are damaged,or just are mistakes while launching them).
    TD3 scan is allright,but it sees nothin.

other symptoms are: something`s launching repetable processes - it`s "doubling" "tripling" those that are executed,so sometimes I got few same processes running.
    also it launches dozens of "explorer" process while using it to navigate in Windows.
    (if I`m not navigating this it does it too,but it`s a few extra "explorers" in an hour,if using explorer - it`s dozens of them)

it slows my system much.
    it corrupts installing some other anti-trojans.

what can it be? how can I remove it?
    It also damaged my internet client and I cannot connect to run some online scanners.
    also I disconnected it from internet for the case.
    what can I do?

I`d like to paste Hijackthis log here but I`m not sure if t`s safe to copy any data from infected computer in that case. I`m using another one now.

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

have you tried avast with it's boot time check? if not download avast home version then boot into safe mode and install it there. when it asks to schedule boot time check select yes and reboot. if anything found you will be notified. hope this helps :eek:

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Suggest you post in the Other Anti-Trojan forum if you haven't already. There is some excellent help to be found there for your Ewido. . Also I don't think you can post Hijack This logs here anymore.

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

If your security proggies are all whacked and you can't get online to a scanner, your gonna have to get a prog like Dr Web's CureIt, or MicroWorld's escan saved onto disc via another machine and then try reading it to your machine.

But have you run your AV and ewido in 'safe mode' yet? Try that first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.