"Java / Byte Verify" fround with AVG Free

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Mord, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

Yes, they need to read your log and analyze it for malware. ;)

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Are you Steve.. ;)

http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com/index.php?showtopic=25789

Well you have lots more problems than just the byte verifier..

so be patient since your PC is really whacked.

but if the only problem you did have were those entries that AVG found..then for the benefit of others viewing this thread at Wilders.. having problems getting into their Content.IE5 I would suggest.

Click here
    ht tp://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip

(note disabled the direct download ability)

Then to download Pocket Killbox by Option^Explicit. Extract it from the zip file to your desktop.

Start Killbox and click on Tools->Delete Temp Files. When that finishes, copy and paste each of the following lines into the "Full Path of File to Delete" box in Killbox, and click the red button with the white X on it after each. Keep track of any files it tells you either could not be found or could not be deleted, as you'll need those later:

C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\O9A7W9EV\archive[1].jar

and

C:\Documents and Settings\steve\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\O9A7W9EV\archive[1].jar:\beyond.class

For the files that it either couldn't find or couldn't delete, in the killbox again this time, put a mark next to "Delete on Reboot". Copy and paste each file into the file name box, then click the red button with the X after each. It will ask you if you want to reboot each time you click it, answer NO until after you've pasted the last file name, at which time you should answer Yes.

Now my experience is that most people nowdays who have AVG telling them they are infected with "Java / Byte Verify" have other badboys on their PC and will really have to get their hijackthis log analyzed.

;)

3. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Here are some more hint for you people who have AVG7 that will be very helpful from Mike Burgess.

Cool tips and how to get the most out of that version.

He covers topics on

Removing Malware from Outlook Express
    AVG detects an infected file in System Restore
    AVG detects infected files in the browser cache
    To Access the AVG Virus Vault
    To obtain a text file of your Scan Results
    AVG detects when the database is out of date

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/avg7.htm

and if you are still all stuck on cleaning files with various versions of Windows OS especially when AVG 7 calls them out but you can not delete them

see here

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

4. Nenemancer

Nenemancer Guest

IT went Well...

thanks Ronjor

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Good to hear Nenemancer.

6. jebrills

jebrills Guest

i have tried to remove this or delete it but it will not.I can't open web pages anymore without the virus poping up and changing my default web page

7. wantz

wantz Guest

I had the same problem using AVG Pro. It found the Trojan horse, but would not cure. The same with Trend Micros' free online product. I had disasbled 'System Restore' and used BitDefender Free Edition. It deleted the virus. I then restarted the PC and AVG could no longer find the culprit. Try it out!

8. TheTazdog

TheTazdog Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I have the Java byte Verify virus on the computer. Avg has picked it up twice now. There are 4 files, one is a zip, the other three are just files.
    The files are called *Get access* *Free loader* *class installer*

Says it cannot be healed, moved to the vault, or deleted.
    Also states it is embedded in the archive.
    I have tried to find the cretin manually - no success.
    The strange thing is, it seems to only become active during certain times.
    I have Ad-aware se V.106. Run xp and all is current.
    I used to have Zone Alarm, and made the mistake of downloading Spybot Search and destroy.

I have actually done all I can think of to rid the computer of this Java bug, run anti virus, shut down restore, and short of a full format....not sure what else to do.

I have no idea how it embedded itself on the computer.

The Javabyte Verify I have....would this be a slightly different version at all?

Thanks all :)

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The Tazdog

Welcome to Wilders.

Have you tried AVG's advice as listed on their forum?

AVG Free

10. TheTazdog

TheTazdog Registered Member

Greetings Ronjor

Thank you for your welcome.

A note of thanks also for your assistance re the Javabyte verify virus/trojan I had.
    Very much appreciated. I followed all steps and the Java appears to be neutralized.

Thanks again, and have a great week

Deb :)

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Deb

Thanks for posting your results. :)

12. Reub

Reub Registered Member

Just thought I'd register to say thanks for the service in assisting me rid the 'puter of java/byteverify. I'm the type to ring the techies straight away for help, but in this case thought I'd have a crack.

Used the forum advice from STAngler? way back when and cleared the cache jar. Worked a treat.

Thanks a lot

Reub

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Welcome to the forums Reub. :)

14. dliedka

dliedka Registered Member

I also have this problem. i ran avg and it found Java/ByteVerifier. avg will not remove it beacure is says it is in archive. ialso ran ad-aware ae and it founf it to but cant remove it either. i am running xp. can anyone help me get rid of this thing? also, just in case it is imprortant, when this first stared, avg and ad-aware also found something called INSTAFINDER and COULOMB DIALER. I think i got rid of those by running ad-aware in safe mode. PLEASE HELP!!! I AM NEW AT THIS STUFF AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi dliedka,

Welcome to Wilders!!!

Check out ronjor's post # 59 above and see if that solution helps you.

I am also closing your other thread on this topic since you now have an answer for your problem here.

16. dliedka

dliedka Registered Member

i tried #59 and it did not work for me. What nowo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

17. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Please post the complete path including the filenames to the files that AVG is finding...

18. A friend

A friend Guest

Hi guys,
    I was just checking this thread via google, as I wanted to find out more on "JAVA BYTE V" as it came up when I ran a scan in Trend Micro.

I had lots of infections/instances of it, picked up when I was researching for a book, (I'm an author) in sites that I never usually go near.

Trend picked the bugs up, so I ran its quarantine / delete / clear thing and it seemed to have hit the bugs first time, because I re-ran the scan straight away afterwards and nothing got picked up that time, so I think I'm in the clear now.

I know other folks who run only AGV and who have picked up nasty infections, so personally I wouldn't like to depend on it.

I'm fascinated by script kiddy bug writers. Its one thing to be a sicko, but another thing to go to great effort to deliberately pass your sickness on to others, just because you are a malevolent little dickhead.
    I believe in karma, or "what goes around comes around," so these halfwits who spread bugs into innocent peoples' lives are gonna get it big time, either this life or subsequent ones, -they will have to pay back in full, to every poor sod who they have upset.

~I wouldn't like to be in their shoes...

luv and kisses to all who read here,

Friendly Person,
    in UK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.