PE and multiple Network Interfaces

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by S!x, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S!x

S!x Registered Member

I am having some issues with Port Explorer and multiple Network Interfaces.
    I usually run off my Via built in (the board) LAN connection and Port Explorer always works great.

I have swappable drives setup and have XP and several Linux distro's all on different drives. Some of the Linux distro's hardware detection picks up my Via LAN and some don't - so i installed an Intel NIC PR100 - problems solved.

But when running XP now and staying on the Intel NIC (#3) - Port Explorer is not showing any connections, open ports, no data at all. I have a firewire connection as well (it's #1) and the Via connection (#2) set to disable.

Any idea's on why PE isn't able to detect the 3rd Network connection, with the other 2 set to disable?

thanks.

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Try a reinstall, since you have changed network configuration. Probably best to uninstall, reboot, reinstall to make sure nothing goes wrong

3. S!x

S!x Registered Member

I did a re-install and it's back now ... kind of anyway.
    I seem to have developed a new problem ... the connections show up but there is no Window logging at all.

Any ideas?

4. S!x

S!x Registered Member

I got mine fixed ... i just ran the check for a new version (there wasn't one) and updated the databases and the window logging magically reappeared - go figure. :D

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... Thanks for telling. This should be unrelated.
    There were recommendations to make sure the capture.bin and log files were deleted before a new installation, i wondered if that could have been part of the problem too. And of course a reboot after the new install.
    Anyway, good you have it back, hope all is working perfect now?

6. S!x

S!x Registered Member

Just a final note ... Everytime i reboot my PC i get the same window logging problem with PE. As soon as i check for an updated version the window logging re-appears - and the PE connection's to DCS never close after the check for an update - (i don't need a constant connection to DCS.)

Are there any updated versions planned? ... i have had this version since i bought the program almost 4 months ago - and it's not like it's without bugs.

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

It's a strange thing; i suppose when you close the update box the connection to DCS has gone as well?
    I wonder what is causing this on your system; the temporary work-around is weird. I have the same version as everybody else and don't have this problem so it's really hard to locate in further testing. Hope the DiamondCS team has any better option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.