Licensing of Enterprise Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TonioRoffo, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

Can someone explain me the licensing of Enterprise Server edition?

If I want to run a single monitoring instance with 3 servers, do I need to pay 3 licenses?

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tonio,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

You need to have one license for each computer with Acronis True Image Agent or/and Acronis True Image Enterpise Server (local part) installed. You may have as many Acronis True Image Maangement Consoles installed as you wish. If you want to create images of three servers you will need three licenses. You may install Acronis True Image Management Console on any other machine (or one of these three servers as well) to be able to manage backup operations on the servers you mentioned.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. TonioRoffo

OK, another question then!

Could you please reconsider the following:

Trueimage Workstation has the ability to run script before/after snapshot.

Trueimage Server has not.

Trueimage Server Enterpise has the ability.

Workstations don't have the need to do this (as you almost never would have running database servers on workstations) yet it is included.

TrueImage server (perfect for standalone servers) don't have this option, we directly have to pay for Enterprise edition (with bells/whistles we don't need, like the management console etc.) just to be able to run a script.

Please reconsider this, as for Small Office use, it's a dealbreaker - Please please add script/database support in TrueImage server! We tend to run Win SBS2K3 servers a lot, and for this "trueimage server" seems perfect, but we can't stop exchange/SQL desktop edition to make it perfectly safe!

Direct competing products like (the passed away) V2I Protector Small Business edition, *had* this possibility at a significantly lower price.

Thanks for considering this, my company would resell a lot more True Image servers if that was included!

Also be aware, that at this date, the version comparison on the website does not mention this ability being in the product or not, it's a bit misleading...

4. TonioRoffo

*bump*

Can Acronis comment on this, pretty please? thanks :)

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tonio,

We will certainly consider this option. Probably, this will be included in future version of Acronis True Image Server. You are welcome to post everything you wish to see in future versions in our wish-list thread. We will certainly edit the version comparison table.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. TonioRoffo

Please do include it! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

You will be very competitive on the market this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.