IMON causing Azureus problems

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by enduser999, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

It appears that the IMON is bringing my computer to its knees when I attempt to use Azureus a P2P client. It is so severe that I have to hit the reset button to gain control over my machine. Is this a know problem?
    o_O

2. zashita

zashita Registered Member

3. enduser999

thanks for the links. Seems that was the problem that I have been battling with for the last day.

Update: I am still hesitate with purchasing NOD32 and using it as my main antivirus. The reason is that it is the only AntiVirus program that has caused a fair amount of frustration with it interferring with my Email program Eudora and Azureus. As it stands now I am using an older version of Azureus and can not update to the current version as NOD32 will cause my system to come to its knees.

I have used several anti-virus applications over the years that I have been dealing with computers and NOD is the first one that had this severe of an affect on my computer.

:(

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

for me, adding javaw.exe to the imon exclusion list did the trick, although i havent tried without the exclusion. the only issue is java's memory usage but cpu usage is relatively low. if u must azureus then i guess u might need to switch AV otherwise switch BT clients. my favorite other than azureus is bitcomet.

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Azureus I can't help with - but Eudora, you can fix that in about 2 minutes tops..

in control center, open AMON settings, click the exclusions tab.

Add the following two files:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\QUALCOMM\EUDORA\DEUDORA.INI
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\USER\APPLICATION DATA\QUALCOMM\EUDORA\EUDORA.INI

where USER is your username - you might need to search for the files.

Basically, excluding the eudora.ini file gets round the problem that Eudora access the file like 10 times a second when email is collected, filtered or just about anything else - exclusion of this file is definitely the way to go!

hth and regards

Greg Hewitt-Long

6. enduser999

That is a bit dangerous as I understand it since you are excluding Java runtime. It appears that there is an updated version of Azureus that solves this problem.

7. enduser999

Thanks. I eventually found this fix after searching the forums here. Eset should really out a link on their web site to the forums as people no doubt are having problems with the trial version and probably do not know that the forums exist unless they do a google search.

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

It is rumored that Eset is rebuilding their site, so you might keep tuned for a much improved version of eset.com/nod32.com - but until that time, many resellers have what I consider "improved" support sections, and I would include us in this category.

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

afaik, the latest release version is 2.3.0.4. and what do u mean by solves the problem? what was the problem in the first place?

10. enduser999

It fixes the 100% CPU utilization when using NOD32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.