help me pls!!!

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by smokie4200, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokie4200

smokie4200 Guest

I am unable to log into any websites. such as...www.msn.com or www.pogo.com or www.wilderssecurity.com or any other sites. It is telling me that I have the wrong password when indeed I know their all correct!!! I hope creating this new thread was neccessary..I wasn't to sure if this thread could be related to my problem here>> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=79514&highlight=microsoft online crash analysis
    Also when I tried logging into msn on acertain page it told me cookies were blocked, but i checked and they are not!! THanks in advance all!
    Sorry for any inconvience,
    Smokie420

2. smokie4200

smokie4200 Guest

I dont know if any of the following information helps but.....I have noticed when I run:%temp% I find I have 2 seperate folders containing "temporary Internet Files' screen shot with that in it. also when I tried removing temporary files I got an error window i'll send screen shot of that too. thanks
    smokie420
    (forgive me if none of that may be related, i do not have the neccessary computer skills i suppose) lol <not computer literate at all!! lol so any suggestions you may have send that in baby language lol

3. smokie4200

smokie4200 Guest

oops i just realized i cant send attachments :( sowwy :(
    Since I couldn't attach any SS I will just tell what error message said....
    adsadclient31(1) it is in use by another person or programo_O?
    Thanks all

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi smokie,

The first thing that comes to mind is that your dns server might be blocked by your firewall. For example, I have to put my ISP's DNS server in the Trusted Zone of my ZoneAlarm firewall. So the first things I would ask are:

1) Which firewall are you using?
    2) Did you make any changes to any of your software recently, especially your firewall?

Rich

5. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

I had the same problems using ZA.

6. smokie4200

smokie4200 Guest

I have not made any changes to my firewall whats so ever, any other suggestions pls?
    Thanks, smokie

7. smokie4200

smokie4200 Guest

I really wish I could take a screenshot but i cant! anyways i'm having problem entering information in forms such as on wilders where you type in yoru user name and passwords or if you forget your password it asks for an email well those types of forms aren't working for me, is it possible that its a script or something like that messed up?
    thanks

8. smokie420

smokie420 Registered Member

well i think i fixed it for now...i had to set 'restricted zone' to med-low to allow me to open some links, i must have blocked them, and dont exactly know how to unblock them in the restricted list bc i dont know which ones need unblocking lol i will check back tomorrow im sleepy and its 1 am GN and thanks and hopefully someone will be able to help me with^^^
    thanks all and gn for now :)

9. smokie420

Ok I have been able to sign into wilders and pogo I'm still haveing problems signing into MSN. I think that maybe I have blocked some sites on accident when the windows pops up and asks if i want to save a cookie or whatever so i think thats what happened...bc i get this following error message when trying to 'reset' my password for msn....https://accountservices.msn.com/cookiesDisabled.srf?lc=1033&vv=30
    i guess im kinda stuck bc im not really sure what i need to do about this.. thanks all
    smokie

10. smokie420

well i just noticed something very strange....i tried to do an update for IE and it said 'internet explorer 6.0 must first be installed. o_O now i can say that don't make sense since im useing it right now!! although IE is not in add/remove programs along with other programs. but i know i have IE 6.0 but thats what it says in 'help' and 'about IE' I'm at a lost for words...
    THanks for your time
    Smokie

11. smokie420

Issue resolved. Thanks
    SMokie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.