Sun Java problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sweetie(*)(*), May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, im having problems with my Sun Java,

firstly in the java console i can't enable java to run with Firefox, it says Firefox is not installed properly or you do not have permission to make these changes.

Now ive tried reinstalling Firefox and Java, im using the admin account etc but this makes no difference.

Basiclly it seems that sun java is not working even though its installed and updated, the biggest problem for me is a site called Pogo, they have free games etc that all rely on java, if i play a game there after a few minutes the sound will drop out and i get an error message from sun java " java.lang.nullpointerexception", ive googled this but cant find much.

If i use sun java in IE it has the same problems, this is puzzeling me, when i go to the sun java page it shows all to be ok.

I really hope some one can help with this...

2. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

Does the game work OK in IE if you disable Sun Java and use MSJava? ;) Granted you as a Firefox-user don't normally use IE but it is worth a check .. ;)

Last edited: May 5, 2005
  3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Seems Pogo is not only particular about which Game you are playing in respects to Java....but whether you are using Microsoft Java VM software :doubt:

From Pogo FAQ---> I am getting null pointer errors or having trouble installing the WildTangent plug-in.

4. Sweetie(*)(*)

Hi, yeah if i use VM in IE it works alright, but the vm java is choppy with video and sound compared to sun.

5. Sweetie(*)(*)

Hi, I am still having the Sun Java problem, so far I have tried reinstalling the Sun Java and updating and reinstalling FireFox (1.04), this does not solve my problems.

From the Java console in control panel I can not enable it to run with Firefox, i get this error message

Attached Files:

6. Sweetie(*)(*)

This is the error when playing games online that require Java, it happens with Firefox and IE

Attached Files:

7. WonderingStranger

WonderingStranger Registered Member

Hi
    This is not gonna be much of a relief to you, but FFox 1.0 was the last version of FFox which got along well with Sun JRE on my machine.

Mozilla Suite runs fine with any Sun JRE, Opera does too.

I read somewhere that some users have similar problems as far as FFox being unable to use SUN JRE.

Cheers

8. Sweetie(*)(*)

Yeah ive heard that too, but Sun Java will not run in Internet Explorer either, there is somthing on my PC that is conflicting with the Sun Java, by posting the error codes and a description of the problems im hoping some one can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.