updates for 25th...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rothko, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rothko

rothko Registered Member

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Very nice indeed.

Cheers :D

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

It was a bigger one a while ago but I don't remember when :?

Anyway when are they going to add better Trojan and spyware detection(more definitions for them).

4. rothko

rothko Registered Member

you seem to be adding this comment to a lot of threads in here today! :D

well there's only so many hours in the day, and personally I think that eset are doing very well in this area now. i think if you ask the average guy on the street (well, one who knows something about AVs) about NOD32 he'd say 'isnt it light on resources but not good at trojan detection?' - and no matter what changes, this is the stigma that will probably stay with them.

as for spyware - well a few weeks ago i posted a similar comment but have now changed my mind - NOD32 is a fairly new arrivial in this field so it will take time to catch up, and there are plenty of anti-malware apps out there that have been around for a lot longer and are dedicated to doing just that job.

I've started actually looking at the signature updates that are released and am pleased to see regular and copious trojan and malware signatures are being inlcuded (which is what prompted me to start this thread in the first place)

cheers, lee

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

I think they are doing a fine job as well. Just look at the signature updates and you will see. You have to remember this is an AV program. Give a try to some other progams (as was stated above) for anti trojan/malware etc.

I think that Eset will slowly get better in this arena as time goes on. However, I like NOD32 for its low footprint. I would NEVER want to see it turn into bloatware like Symantec.

6. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Perhaps THE key reason I began testing and running NOD32. Too many AV's are too big... (IMO ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.