TI 8 Build 796 is dammaged??????!!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wokoenig, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hallo,
    I have now downloaded the new build 796 from Acronis.
    I would make a upgrade. During the installation it appears the message:
    "error reading ramdisk.dat file" !!

AND: My TrueiImage was deleted from HD !! :-(

Since TI 6/7/8 all updates and upgrades were installed without problemes.
    This is the first Time.
    What happendo_O?

My OS and Hardware are the same!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Wolfgang,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please try to download the latest build once again and make sure that all your download managers and connection boosters are disabled. If it doesn't help please do the following in order to check out the integrity of the installation package:

- Download the checksum utility from www.acronis.com/files/support/md5sum.exe
    - Run the application and click on the ellipsis sign to browse and select the installation package you downloaded;
    - The MD5 value for Acronis True Image 8.0 (796 build) must be C3FCC4C3018F4687275CA283E68537DB

If it doesn't match please contact your internet provider for the possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hello Support,
    thx for the quickly answer.
    Now I have downloaded the file again. Checked with your tool ( the same checksum). An gad now no problem with the installation. All is correct.
    Thx for the help <s>

I wish, that the german support will be so nice and quick like you :)

BTW: Why don't exist a german Forum for Acronis Products.
    You must now, that Acronis ( especially TI) will be more and more popular and used in Germany.

We love it <g>

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ilya,

Many thanks for the Build 796 MD5 checksum. Very useful when, despite your advice to the contrary, I have no option but to use a download manager (GetRight) on a somewhat unreliable dial-up connection (invariably resumes two or three times during the download).

I think it would be beneficial for a lot of users if Acronis listed a MD5 checksum against each of their downloadable programs/updates. After all, if Ahead Software can do it for Nero surely so can Acronis? ;)

Kind Regards
    Tom

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Since the problem with the corrupted installation package are quite seldom it is not worth posting these MD5 sums every new build. However you may always ask me via this forum or e-mail support@acronis.com all the questions concerning the problem with the download (and other problems as well). I will post the MD5 checksum if needed and try to help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.