How to format a DVD disc?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RevRusty, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevRusty

RevRusty Registered Member

Forgive me if I overlooked the answer among these posts, but as I understand it, TI8 will burn a HDD image to DVD *IF* the disc is formatted. I suppose that's why now that I'm finally ready to make a complete backup of my C drive (and D drive, although it's FAT32) the "Create Image Wizard" goes to the "Commit pending operations" screen and just sits there. The main screen has "Ready" in the lower left corner with "No backup started" at right. Let it set several minutes -- nothing. I tried it several times, looking for my mistake and can't find it. Please help, or I'll be forced to -- gulp! -- use Nero.

If the DVD disc needs to be formatted, how is that done. I've searched the PDF manual and Googled without success. I have the latest Nero SmartStart, but it's not listed among the programs to use for packet writing/formatting the disc. Besides I couldn't find a format-disc feature among Nero's many options. (What's more, Nero wanted a couple more DVDs to make the image and demands all other programs be shut down.)

Do I really have to go buy InCD or Roxio or something to get Acronis to spring into action? Or is something else snagging the operation? (I think I had Roxio, which didn't play nice when I upgraded to XP, or was it vice versa.)

I'll be glad to feel like an idiot should it be something simple I've overlooked -- it'll be worth it to finally get my computer fully backed up so I can install dreaded SP2. Oh, yes, I've got XP SP1 on a self-made unit of 1800 AMD, 512 PC133, 40 master NTFS & 40 slave FAT32 HDDs, 8X dual CD/DVD burner.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello RevRusty,

InCD can be downloaded from the <Nero web site> (Update-Package 3) and will install correctly provided you are already using a registered copy of Nero.

My posts in <this thread> explains how to InCD format a DVD.

Regards

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.