error uploading

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Rita, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I received this message uploading a screenshot.Does it mean I should delete some attachments?Thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

No, you never need to delete attachments to upload new ones. Though I don't know what's wrong with that one - but it's name appears to be really long. Is that whole thing its file name?

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Mike
    Yes,thats the way the file names are when you use Hoversnap for screenshots.This has never happened before,maybe it was just a fluke.Thanks,I'll try it again later and see what happens.

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I tried it again and it worked fine

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

According to the vBulletin folks, "attachment in progress" means that the file in question was already attached in another window, but not yet posted. I was able to recreate the error above by starting two new reply posts, in separate browser windows...

In the first reply I used Manage Attachments to upload a file. Then once it uploaded but before I hit the submit button, I switched to the other browser window and used the Manage Attachments there to upload the same file. It gave me the same "Attachment in Progress" warning and prevented that one from uploading as it would be a duplicate once the first one posted.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97432

6. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Thank you Mike,appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.