no updates for past few days

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by kairii, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kairii

kairii Registered Member

hi,

wassup no updates since 24th.......i understand it's xmas and new yr holidays but please a security company should not take hols this long.....i'm pretty sure virus and trojans writers are working fulltime atm trying to come up with new stuffs to make our life miserable......

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi kairii, Gavin has always said that during this holiday period new Trojan releases are very much less than normal.
    Having said that Gavin always has his eye on the situation and will release an update for any new dangerous threats emerge.

Cheers. Pilli

3. ipje

ipje Registered Member

There are more things they don't do the past few days :(, sorry i'm a little angry :blink:

4. NewEval

NewEval Guest

Using your Eval Copy with latest - keep getting Downloader.Trojan from my Norton - but your TDS-3 is not picking up anything - it telling me all is fine - yet I get bunch of popups etc...

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi NewEval,

If you would, please send a copy of the file in question (after you have zipped it up) to submit AT diamondcs DOT com DOT au . Thanks in advance...

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Run TDS3 in safe mode by pressing F8 just before windows load, then in scan control tick every item. Scan all logical drives.
    Also ensure that you have the latest Radius file from here: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update Drop the radius file into your TDS3 main folder, when asked click OK to overwrite the existing file.

HTH Pilli

7. NewEval

NewEval Guest

hmm :-( deleted that from Norton Quarantine - since been struggling with access.exe for couple of days now ... using hijackthis spybot ad-aware etc. and when I thought it's clean - Norton again detects it today... and I get popups - Anyway I'm sure it will happen again - so will send to you then... Thx for such a quick reply...

8. crystal

crystal Guest

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I think that DCS stay pretty much on top of things, as was said earlier if there is a major threat released Gavin will make the necessary update.

10. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

if you have your antivirus on it will be imposible that TDS or any antitrojan detect it...coz the antivirus dont let TDS analize it. At least thats what happens with all antitrojans i guess with this one too.

:D

11. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

I disagree...Bad guys have more free time now on holydays and its a perfect time to get notorious...remember these guys are very solitaire and with strong lack of love..hehe..for instance Zafi.d.

;)

12. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

You are certainly free to do that :)
    But as already stated if a new dangerous threat was to emerge then an update would be made. :D

13. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Well, ewido has updates every day, so also today. And perhaps also tomorrow and on Sunday. A security software company cannot depend on one person alone. And I agree with all who say that especially holidays are periods where dumbo's produce loads of crap to trash pc's worldwide.

14. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I have to agree with this statement. It is indeed scary if a security company depend on one person. What happend if that person get sick...
    :eek:

15. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

They don't, Gavin is the main contact but the rest of the team are also involved and capable of making updates.

Pilli

16. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thank you Pilli, it's reassuring to hear that.
    :)

17. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

18. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Mercurie,

Without a whole lot more information, there's really very little information here to even speculate about. Simply because one vendor releases some additional signatures in no way implies another vendor is not up to date.

I'm a BOClean licensee and I think it's great that the continuing updates are there. I'm also a TDS-3 licensee, and have complete confidence in both their product and their timeliness.

Blue

19. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Creature Blue,
    I thought someone might take me to the wood shed on this. :D

I will have to bow to on your knowledge and logic as there is not suffcient data to make a complete judgement as to who is keeping up and who is not. Also I am not a TDS user. Again if you have both you are certainly in a better position then me to evaluate this issue.

However, Holidays + No Updates = Suspicious Circumstances. :doubt: This would be true of any security product that updated regularly. Again you are in a better postion then I am as to how often TDS updates and what it would consider a threat. TDS apparently has some customers who are concerned. I am very comfortable seeing BO coming through with its regular updates. Indeed I was getting a little concerned about EZ AV as well. One of my other security products. It's just me I guess. ;)

20. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

The people at DiamondCS know what to do, no updates does not mean that we need to be concerned, TDS-3 has heuristics, why worry?

21. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

As am I. I can see the logic behind the original question raised and I think Pilli has captured it best
    Naturally, the respective vendors make a judgement call here, as they do throughout the year in releasing updates.

Blue

22. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have never questioned TDS all the time I have had it. I fully trust and always recommend Diamond's software. However I am a little worried when I check the update section and see all the other Trojan programs updated throughtout this 'long' holiday period (even the free ones) that TDS has been so long without any additional reference file definitions :( Thankfully I have BOClean on guard and have had two updates in the one day recently (today being one of them)

I never thought I would have any worries whatsoever about TDS and even was content about the new version being delayed but now I have read this post and watched the updates section I am a little disappointed. I do understand the point that if there was anything major an update would be issued but why are all the other AT's and AV's updating over the hoilday time and TDS remains outdated o_O :'(

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  23. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

We've all seen the enormous increase in references and primaries these last weeks. That certain names are not in the primaries list, doesn't mean no detection would be possible for some new threats. We would get them as "suspicious" or "positive" and to us to zip and submit them.
    Gavin works a lot in advance. And be sure the DCS team is on it, like Pilli said already.

24. donsan

donsan Registered Member

just may be they are going to supprise us all and release tds4

25. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Good to know that the updates we have had are worked in advance to help detect an 'unknown' over this time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.