media error image 8.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mdsmith, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdsmith

mdsmith Registered Member

have a nec 3500a dvdrw and get an error with media please insert another disk i have tired dvd+r dl dvd-r and even cdr i can write to disks using nero 6.6 but i need a full backup solution

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello mdsmith

Please have a quick read of this Acronis TI <Online FAQ>.

In a nutshell, you can create an image on DVD using either of the following methods:

1. Image direct to DVD using DVD+/-RW media. Ensure that your UDF packet writing software (Nero InCD) is running and that the DVD RW has been UDF formatted prior to creating the image. Leave TI to split the image automatically across several DVDs as per the TI FAQ.

or (and possibly more reliable)

2. Image to separate partition or second HD, choosing to split the image manually at a fixed size of 635MB. Use your Nero Burning ROM (not the InCD drag-and-drop facility) and burn a maximum of 7 .tib files per blank ISO 9660 DVD+/-R or RW. Do not split the image to a fixed size of 2GB as stated in the FAQ as you will receive an error message advising that the file size exceeds the ISO 9660 limit. See my post <here> for background to these recommended file sizes.

Whichever method you choose to use, I recommend unloading all non essential applications from the taskbar in order to reduce the likelyhood of DVD write errors.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.