tru img 8.0 wont make image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bick@sympatico.ca, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bick@sympatico.ca

bick@sympatico.ca Registered Member

The basic problem is that Trueimage doesn't start creating an image.
    I am running Acronis True Image ver. 8.0 build 768

I have stolen the title of this thread from an earlier one for TI 7.0 started by mark4658 on June 26.04.

I am running Windows XP Home, SP1.
    40 GB Hard drive (Fujitsu MPG3409AT E) with 20 GB free, speed: ~950 MHz
    512 MB RAM.
    TaskScheduler service is running.

I have successfully installed the Secure Zone and the Startup Recovery Manager.

But, when I try to do the Create Image Wizard, the program hangs.

I can
    select the partition,
    enter a new file name (on a removable USB drive with plenty of space),
    choose the backup type (full),
    choose the kind of splitting (automatic),
    choose normal compression,
    enter no password,
    enter no comments,
    review all the options
    press Proceed to start.

And then basically nothing else happens.
    I see "No backup started" on the right side of the status bar at the bottom. "Ready" at the left side.
    The "Commit Pending Operations" window comes up (blank).
    "Current operation progress" and "Total progress" never fill in. There is no disk activity. Nothing!
    If I click the "Hide" button, then I see "Processing, please wait..." on the left side of the status bar -- but still nothing ever happens.

I've read through all the relevant-seeming messages on this forum, but don't really see any help.

Please help.

2. KraXed112

KraXed112 Registered Member

I had that same problem as well.. but thats cos i realized theres like 2 - 3 appz that run with it.. did u stop any kind of process .. thats all i can think of as well.. i'm just getting my own problem rite now =P

3. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

The True Image Monitor can be stopped from startup, but the schedhlp *must* be kept running in Msconfig, or the service "Acronis Scheduler2 Service", which is listed at the top of "Services" will not be running, and ATI will not do an image or restore. Best to type in Start>Run>"Services.msc" (without the quotes) and at the very top of the list check and make sure the "Acronis Scheduler2 Service" is started. I disabled both of those items from starting and had h*ll figuring out what was wrong.

Allen L.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. 9/10/2004
    I have exactly the same problem. I tried the fix suggested by the moderator of this forum but no luck. I have sent a email for help to True Image Support. Hope this is something they can fix.
    Bob Norman

6. ogre123

ogre123 Registered Member

My problem is that TI 8.0.0768 will only work creating image once. Need to uninstall, remove all registry entries and then reinstall to get to work again. Acronis seviice components are in msconfig. Have tried putting shortcuts into start folder. Nothing works. It works fine until reboot or restart .And then the same as discribed above

7. ogre123

ogre123 Registered Member

Everything works fine until a reboot or restart. The only way to get working again is to uninstall, remove all registry traces, and install again. Only to have the same cycle start over again. Acronis serviice is in msconfig and have tried playing with StartUp Folder. Can anyone help. TI 8.0.0.687....XP Pro

8. icthrooyou

icthrooyou Registered Member

I'm running TI 8.0 build 763 and SEEM to be having a similar problem. I was able to do ONE complete archive. I decided to make some changes and went to redo the archive, but Acronis would not function. It goes just fine all the way through analyzing the partitions, then it begins to calculate the time for the archive to complete. I notice that the time will come up in DAYS and HOURS at this point. Usually like 1 Day and 6 or seven hours. This is odd because the only changes I've made to the previous archive is that I split the archive into specific file sizes of 3.99 GB, whereas before, I chose the "Automatic" file size option, allowing Acronis to split them if necessary. No other changes to the partitions or archive configuration were made.

This is where I believe my problem is different from yours or perhaps we are having the same problem, but it is really tied to SELECTING THE FILE SIZE.... ??

Acronis Support??

P.S. I just downloaded the latest build (771?) available on the Acronis update site and will try it out. I'll post back here as to results...

9. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

icthrooyou That is a known bug with build 763.

10. icthrooyou

icthrooyou Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I did not find that thread on any of my searches. I'm not the best at searching these forums anyway.

I did install build 771 and problem solved for me. The issue in this thread seemed fairly close enough to my problem to possibly be related. I hope these folks get their problem fixed too. :)

11. Andy23

Andy23 Guest

It's also possible to do all this things with the Boot-CD, so it is not necessary to boot again and again and deinstall and so on. If you only work with the Boot-CD it is also not necessary to install the Windows-Version. Only the functionality of the Boot-CD ist limited. But if you don't need Secure Zone and the other specials, it is enough to work with this. But OK, it's not the best solution, better ist a full-working Windows-Version.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Well, if the schedhlp.reg file didn't help you, please can you try the following solution :

Please run (Start -> Run...) "regedit.exe" application, go to the following branch

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

and create there the key named "Acronis Scheduler2 Service" with the text value "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"

Then please reboot your computer and try to use Acronis True Image again.

If it doesn't help please make sure that the changes you have made on the previous step are still present in the registry and also let me know if you have any program protecting your Windows registry from any changes.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

13. sounak

sounak Registered Member

hi,
    i had the same problem.but now it is solved.

i found out that the file schedul2.exe was missing from
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2.

i ran a search for the file and found it in the TI8 installation folder and copied it to the above location.

now everything works fine.

14. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello sounak

Glad you managed to sort it. I think it might be a good idea though if you posted something similar in your thread titled "Help! Can't create an image". It would help other readers of that thread to see what the resultant "fix" was.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.