Enrolling in Obamacare allows government to link your IP address with...

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by roger_m, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Warning: Enrolling in Obamacare allows government to link your IP address with your name, social security number, bank accounts and web surfing habits

2. Gullible Jones

Gullible Jones Registered Member

Ah, I see Mike Adams is doing his usual irresponsible best to turn people away from things that might help them. If I didn't know better I'd think the guy had made a pact with the devil or something.

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

My ISP has my social security number, my telephone number, my physical address, and they also know my IP address.

My credit card companies and my bank have this information too.

4. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

Why does the government want to know everything about me? Of course, the government needs to know somethings about me, but why must they know everything, everywhere and every detail of my life? After hearing about this, glad I'm not signing up to Obamacare.

5. Reality

Reality Registered Member

So they can have leverage against you if you go against them, and the more they can get the better. Not kidding. Remember they have (greatly) expanded the meaning of who is a terrorist, and if you speak against the govt. then youre a terrorist.

6. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

:thumb: devil = health insurance industry

7. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

With only 51,000 people actually signing up the first week, I don't think there will be much spying going on...it may be DOA.

8. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

True dat.

9. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

this is it - notice they already calling the opposition party "terrorists" and claim they don't have to negotiate with them over budget deals.

and for folks who say they're not signing up i think we're all going to be forced to eventually - or you pay the fine, which will be ever increasing.

10. DesuMaiden

So what? The PRISM program is easy to circumvent if you know how to do it.

11. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

PRISM is just the tip of the iceberg. they're scooping up all the data.

12. DesuMaiden

Please explain. I'm interested.

13. Snoop3

Snoop3 Registered Member

14. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

As far as the ISP is concerned, nobody says you have to use your residential computer to sign-up for ObamaCare. From all the news I've read, you don't have much of a concern anyway - you have to actually be able to reach a functioning website first.

15. silat

silat Registered Member

Well I hope you have insurance because otherwise you will be one of the moochers.

16. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Almost every legitimate business in the USA has this info, Its called credit info & its used sonyou can conduct business with them.

17. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I don't feel comfortable either whenever the government sticks it's nose where it doesn't belong. We've rallied with others in our Community discussing the implications this will have on our community and the potential privacy risks, such as the lack of background screening for the so-called obamacare navigators. Many of us have decided not to sign-up, so your not alone in this regard. I wouldn't worry about fines, as they have only hired 1600 new employees to screen for non-registrants. I anticipate they will have trouble keeping up with millions of Americans not signing up. Technically, if enough of us refuse to sign-up, we could defund the program ourselves without congressional or executive support.

18. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

?? Assuming you pay taxes, the gov't already has this info:
    • Name and address
    • Social security number
    • Private bank account details
    • Employer details.

Inclusion of IP address (usually dynamic), email address is irrelevant.

19. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

IMO, this is just part of the problem. Obviously, the government already has most of that data. I'd bet that this info is also shared with the insurance companies. They'll make a bundle just selling that info. The only one who should have access to such data would be the company that you choose to deal with.

I would consider signing up if this had been a true national health care. Anyone who's ever received a hospital bill knows firsthand that the present system is a budget killer. The way it's written now, we're being forced to pay taxes to private corporations whether we want the "service" or not. Crunch the numbers. Multiply the average payment times 12 months, then times the number of families in this country. This is a multi-billion dollar gift to big money in the form of a tax.

20. Reality

Reality Registered Member

Really? Computerrock's brains against Aussie, NZ, Canada, Britain and don't forget the US. Perhaps you in all your great wisdom can educate us all then ? :doubt: .

21. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

thank god..!!!! its a stupid program and insanely high cost wise... i got a quote and my cost now would be twice my mortgage payment. i have cancer which is "stable" and they cant deny me now but they can sure charge the snot out of me..i hope this things dies a nice quick death. every single person i know has at least doubles many tripled what they were paying and even some i know are close to 4x what they used to pay. and i have documented proof from friends who scanned their "quote". not only are the rates sky high they come with higher deductibles and higher co-pay. a very close friend of mine is in a huge financial mess because if this. his employer who is a very large company here where we live told people they were cutting hours because of this. well in the end his hours got cut from 40+ down to 25-30 with no chance of overtime (they told him this directly) and now his "affordable" (yeah right) coverage for him, his wife and three daughters if almost 4x the cost it was. so now with less hours and higher premium he is not sure what they will do. so in the end he will probably just pay the fine. i will also be forced to pay the fine. there is not chance of paying what they want from me +family we do okay but we pay our bills and not to much more. we dont go away all the time etc there is no way we can pay what they want from me now even just for myself (the cost is NUTS). if everyone would stand up and say NO! and no one buys into this we can force it down. i dont know a single person out of anyone i know who will be buying into this.

for those that support this i mean no offense to you but personally i hope this thing dies a VERY fast death. arghhhh sorry rant over this just really strikes a nerve with me because im seeing this happening to people i know all over the place because of this

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  22. zfactor

1000000% agreed !!!! im doing the same locally and trust me not one person i know and even my clients have told me they are fed up with this and not signing up either. i dont know one person yet who has said they love this and were signing up. america was lied to this whole time about this being "affordable" they knew what this was going to cost people and lied to our faces. somewhere along the line someone heard the word "free" and then all of a sudden everyone i knew thought he was giving everyone free insurance. i tried to explain this to everyone the whole time and no one wanted to hear it. well now they are seeing how "affordable" this is.. :ninja:

23. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Getting OT here, but:
    https://www.healthcare.gov/what-if-i-have-a-pre-existing-health-condition/
    "Starting in 2014, being sick won't keep you from getting health coverage. An insurance company can't turn you down or charge you more because of your condition."
    Are they incorrect?

24. zfactor

yes and no. they cant turn you down and they cant directly say the cost is because of the cancer and charge you a fee for having cancer. what they did is add a surcharge just like they do for smokers. trust me i got quotes already because we were all dropped from our old policy because of this new garbage. and at first i did not state i had it in order to see what the difference would be and it drastically went up once i called in to get a new quote. what else is stupid is for smokers they are charging less money if you are a smoker over 65 then if you are say 30 and smoke... imo the older you are and the longer you have smoked the higher risk you have. im not trying to pick on smokers here either just fyi. i asked directly about the higher cost and they said it was due to having to include a surcharge for "risk"

this whole thing is a scam...also nearly everyone is being dropped from their previous coverage so the insurance companies can charge you more and force you into a exchange. my mom, stepdad, aunt and nearly everyone i know has received a letter now dropping them from their previous coverage forcing them to buy insurance at a MUCH higher cost if they really want to be covered. my mom went from just under 300$ a month to now paying just under 800$ and her deductable went from 1,000 to 7500!!!! my brother in law went from 368$ per month for a 500 deductable to 918$ with a 5,000 deductable if he wanted a 1500$ deductable the cost would have went to almost 1800$ PER MONTH. and forget the silver plan wow....

problem is last year i made just over the limit by less than 100$ so i dont qualify for ANY subsidy and so its fully out of pocket

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  25. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Because the conversation has shifted into a discussion of the health care program, we'll close this thread as per Policy. Thank You All For Participating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.