SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi taleblou, I am very sorry that you are going through this pain. Sadly, there is no 100% bugs-free software in the world. Although we know that it is near impossible to achieve that, we will still continue to fix as many bugs as possible and ultimately make SecureAPlus a more well-receive security software by the masses. Unfortunately, this is a teething phase that most software need to go through before emerging to become a better product.

We may not be able to guarantee that SecureAPlus is a 100% bugs-free software, but we can definitely strive on to further improve SecureAPlus based on all the feedback and bugs reporting by the users. Hopefully, overtime, you will regain back your confidence in SecureAPlus :)

I also like to thank all your previous feedback and suggestion to us. They are extremely valuable. :thumb:

2. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Sorry for the confusion. Siketa is right. The correct version is 2.0.18. Thanks Siketa :)

3. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Does SecureAPlus protect from changing files?

4. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Solarlynx, when you install SecureAPlus, do you have CTM on the machine too? Does it cause your machine to crash? This will help us to find the problem :)

5. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

For any file that is not in the "Trusted Certificate" list, SecureAPlus will either block or alert the users whether to trust it. Whether SecureAPlus will block or alert the users, depends on the setting they have set.

6. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Unfortunately, GeSWall is abandoned and does not support 64-bit OS.
    Plus, it is different type of software, similar to DefenseWall.

7. Solarlynx

Nope, I have Eaz-Fix (Rx Clone). No issues.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am just using the white-listing part of this and nothing else and throwing malware at it, nothing has gotten through. Amazing white-listing product.

9. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Thanks trjam, good to know this. Feel free to give more feedback :)

10. Solarlynx

:thumb:
    And it will be twice better if it becomes pure whitelisting, without notorious Calm AV.
    Will it?

11. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Sorry Solarlynx, I just realize that I have somehow missed out this question.
    Yes, the whitelisting works more or less like AppLocker Publisher but SecureAPlus does much more for the hash rules.
    AppLocker and SecureAPlus may have some similarities but they are used for different purpose. AppLocker is used to restrict the files that users or groups are allowed to run. The key goal of SecureAPlus, on the other hand, is to prevent unknown malware from running.

12. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Understand where you are coming from. We are coming up with an improved version of SecureAPlus in a couple of months' time. You are most welcome to join the next beta program then :)

13. siketa

siketa Registered Member

sinlam, is new AV going to be made in-house or from one of the bigger names in the industry?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  14. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Sorry Siketa, I can't review too much at this moment. Hope you will understand. All I can say is with the new AV concept, we hope to achieve better scanning and protection that does not eat up the CPU resource on a user's computer.

15. Solarlynx

Then my humble wish is to keep the current option not to enable AV.

16. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Is it because of ClamAV? Will you consider enabling the AV if it is not ClamAV?

17. Solarlynx

Nope I just prefer to chose av myself.

18. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Your wish shall be granted as we will still be keeping the option of installing with or without av :)

19. Solarlynx

Thank you for your answer.
    I must say that SecureAPlus is much more user friendly then AppLocker or SRP (not mentioning that not every OS has AppLocker).

I got it that SAP guards starting apps. But sorry I didn't get does SAP protects these apps from changing? I.e. malware runs in RAM (came from the Internet e.g.) then will SAP prevents it from changing executables on the HD?

20. Solarlynx

:thumb:

21. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Solarlynx, glad to know that SecureAPlus is more user friendly than AppLocker :)

SecureAPlus does not protect these apps from changing. But once any app is modified and is not in the whitelist, SecureAPlus will be able to detect and block it.

22. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Hi, Sinlam
    I am hoping for you guys to put a lockdown option on the tray icon. (Default Action is blocked for unknown files) Therefore we do not need that many clicks to get there.
    Thanks.

23. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Kelvin, thanks for your suggestion. We will take your suggestion on the tray icon into consideration.

However, it may not be feasible to put the default action as blocked for unknown files. If this option is chosen, whenever you want to execute a new program that you have downloaded from the Internet for example, SecureAPlus will block it and it cannot run. This may cause some frustration to some users. But you do have a good point. The lockdown option is a good default action for users who do not wish to get any prompting.

We will look into this. Perhaps you can give us more suggestion on how to improve on our existing lockdown option :)

24. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Maybe during installation you can ask
    "
    Automatic
    (description here)
    Manual
    (description here)
    It will be possible to change these settings after the installation.
    "

25. Solarlynx

Yeah, lockdown mode would be tarrific. Obviuosly the user would have to disable it installing something. Just make interactive mode default and those who will want to change for lockdown they will have to learn what it is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.