WinPatrol 2013 v26.1.2013 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hayc59, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

WinPatrol 2013 v26.1.2013 Released
    Date: January 4th, 2012

*New* Access Windows 8 Advanced Safe Mode
    No matter which version of Windows you use the newest WinPatrol 2013 makes updating worth while. If you've considered upgrading to WinPatrol PLUS this is the version that will make it a great investment.
    Using WinPatrol to automatically switch to Desktop mode has been a popular Windows 8 trick in WinPatrol 2013. Details are available if you click here
    Our newest version includes enhancements for all versions of Windows and we still found some barely documented tricks that WinPatrol can use to provide features every Windows 8 user should know how to access. The feedback from our last version encouraged updates for all users but also indicated more users had upgraded to Windows 8 then we expected.

What's New?
    • Bug fixed in the" First Detected" Date for Active Tasks
    • Bug fixed when hidding the Scotty System Tray icon.
    • New Option to "Run As Adminstrator" for any programs launched by WinPatrol in Delayed Start list.
    • Added Minimize, Maximize buttons as requested by just about everyone for the last 15 years. While not typically used in tabbed windows popular demand encouraged the development of tricks to make it happen.
    • Complete update of WinPatrol Help pages. Documentation is included locally and is available on each tab by clicking blue help icon. This feature has been considered essential for new and/or non-expert users. Each help file includes a link to any updated information including better ways to teach WinPatrol based on user feedback.
    • On many machines Windows 8 boots so quickly there is no time to press F8 to open Safe Mode. A little known feature to Reboot to a Windows 8 Advanced Repair/Restore mode replaces Windows Safe Mode. This new feature is currently only available in WinPatrol PLUS. Just right-click on any file and select "Restart Windows for Repair in Safe Mode."

More Info l Download: WinPatrol 2013

2. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Got it. Thanks hayc59.

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

This feature is not there for me on Win 8 Pro x64 using Plus version of WinPatrol. When right clicking any file, this option is not appearing in the context menu. I have tried reinstalling to no avail. Is this feature working for everyone?

5. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Puff Hello
    Posted your question at Landzdown and e-mailed Bill
    to see if he can stop by..good luck G

6. puff-m-d

Thanks buddy! I did not realize he had a forum, gonna go check it out now, learn something new all the time!

7. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

8. puff-m-d

Thanks G - you solved my problem! In my quote above I right clicked any file, but in explorer! The part I quoted and had been reviewing did not specify any file "in the WinPatrol GUI". I had assumed it added that to the right click context menu of Windows and wrong I was! Sorry, I think getting old is doing this to me :D ... I did not even think of doing the right click in the WinPatrol GUI. Please let Bill know I figured it out and it was all my fault, and give him my apologies! He might want to clarify that a bit though for other senile ones out there like me.

9. Corrine

Corrine Spyware Fighter

Thanks for letting me know about the problem, G, although puff-m-d figured out the solution on his own! Bill's post at Rebooting to Windows 8 Safe Mode makes it a bit clearer with the image showing the right-click option from WinPatrol Explorer.

As to the WinPatrol forum at LandzDown, although "unofficial", it is fully "sanctioned" and supported by Bill.

10. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Thanks for stopping by Corrine.

I recognize your name from being helpful with WinPatrol for many years... so thank you for that.

It seems that you & Bill are pretty tight. Bill mentioned 'exciting new technologies' or something like that when he last posted here. Do you have an idea if he plans and major changes/upgrades in the product in the coming year?

Thanks.

-ftp

11. BillPStudios

BillPStudios Security Expert

It took me a little while to get here but I'm thrilled you found a solution. You can always write me directly at support@WinPatrol.com but I'm pleased to know there are enough experts around who still volunteer to help all the folks in need.
    Forums like Wilders are great places to get help and also meet new friends.

I'll review some of my text online to be sure the right-click location is clear. I haven't heard of this from anyone else yet but I'm sure you're not alone Puf.

Thanks,
    Bill

12. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Thank you Bill for heading on over here!

13. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@Bill :):thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.