Emsisoft Anti Malware 7.xx Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mops21, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

2. andylau

andylau Registered Member

The second engine changed from Ikarus to BitDefender:D

3. blasev

blasev Registered Member

bitdefender is a good engine, I believe emsisoft will make a great use of it :thumb:

although it will also have many competition from other dual engine vendor that use bitdefender :)

4. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Lets see :cool:

5. gery

gery Registered Member

soon Norton Mcaffe AVG AVIRA and many other will be using Bitdefender ......
    Long life to the King ..................:thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: o_O o_O o_O

6. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

What?

7. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Download took 10 minutes. Running fine so far.

8. gery

gery Registered Member

i was just joking......... anyway i really dont think it is such a good idea to join the BD vagon .... .. I like BD and i have a three years license and using it but it is BD IS . Now i bought Emsisoft for Emsisoft not for BD. One of them will not serve me ... It is just my humble opinion ...

9. fax

fax Registered Member

The bad part of having many AV solutions using BD is that malware writers will increasingly target it to avoid detection... with the additional advantage of "killing two birds with one stone". For double/triple engine products this effect is mitigated depending on the other(s) engine(s) used ;)

10. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I don't get the big deal about the BD engine.... Its good but not all that spectacular. Its probably more about BD offering a cheaper engine due to the fact "everyone" is using it.

11. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

better move this thread to antimalware section :D

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

But it that stop MS OSs from becoming most popular OSs? Or Chrome from the best browser? Or even IE? Of course with increasing popularity or use in products engines or any other thing will attract attentions from crooks. If it stopped anything from growing, every product would share the same market proportion in an attempt to stop attracting malware writers.

I think that idea is just lame.

13. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Initial scan is very slow with subsequent scan no better.
    Doesn't seem to be any scan optimization.

14. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Any changes to the behaviour blocker?

15. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

It is however some-what true. I used to write key-loggers out of interest in learning how they work. I was learning from a man that lived in Amsterdam over the internet. He told me that if you want your best chance to go undetected and don't have much time you should always test and fix against the big named as they are most likely to be on a client machine, at the time it was Norton/McAfee and AVG+AVAST! free.

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

one thing i think you will notice from the switch to the bd engine is the disc space used. bitdefender engine does use alot of disc space.

17. fax

fax Registered Member

Correct... more exposure more likely to be targeted, as its just a matter of economy of scale. We are saying the same thing. Obviously, this does not stop any company to growth but may affect the level of protection of the users of those solutions (e.g. easier to get infected by malware by using windows than linux :) )

18. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I think more company growth will allow more resources to direct into researching and closing potential security holes. There will be more human resources like beta tester both paid and public. It is after all a business meant for profit. And more quality and innovative presentation will attract more users and more malware writers. But so much profit will means all these potential holes, threats, etc can be dealt with money. And when it is about a company like emsisoft believing in efficiency and quality or a huge company like Bitdefender it further decreases the already diminishing chances of potential threats from newly attracted malware writers.

Of course there will always be a chance that some writers may get the better of the company but we can be more assured that those will be dealt with.

19. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

10.2 million signatures now. Anyone know what database they are using for surf protection? It was hphost file, but they indicated it is a new one with ver. 7.

20. fax

fax Registered Member

Yes in theory but in practice unfortunately, the resources in the hands of criminal organisations (e.g. financial malware) often far outweight the one in the hands of the good guys.. So... nope. The argument does not fly very well.

The issue is very simple.. more market more exposure. Then the rest its all depending on many other factors specific to the situation but that do not always materialise because your have simply grown (e.g. investiments, good ideas into innovations, human resources, luck, etc.).

I guess we are going way off-topic. I stop here before MOD comes in... :D

21. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

Get ready for monster av updates then....:)

22. guest

guest Guest

901 files for 120mb in BD folder inside EAM's signatures folder.

23. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Only time will tell my friend, only time will tell.

Yeah I'm also gonna stop now. So truce.:)

24. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Really? I thought

25. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

That why I started a new thread about this topic a couple of minutes ago in that forum. I never bother to look here because AntiMalware news and info was moved to the Anti-Malware forum.

Also Emsisoft performs extremely well with the Ikarus engine, Part of me is a little concerned about the new BitDefender engine. Even though without a doubt it's a great engine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.