Mcafee firewall <> AOL

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Jooske, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=38137

Can somebody with experience of this combination please jump in here?
    User has win ME system
    goback installed
    mcafee firewall
    is on AOL
    strange things happening.
    I tested, java script and vbs and WSH working,
    enlarged cache settings,
    i think it really is a configuration matter in the firewall settings in combination with AOL, if not another conflict with goback
    If somebody / somebodies please can jump in for the rest of the problem it would be hightly appreciated.
    Please post eventual help in the thread mentioned above!
    Thanks a lot!

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Oh Don't get me started here. I don't think GoBack is in anyway a problem. I run it and it has only saved the bacon.

Now as far as AOL and Mcafee. When I went AOL Broadband I signed up for Mcafee's firewall, even uppgraded it. Problem was it didn't completely do what it is supposed to do. I talked with Mcafee(after much waiting) and they finally said it was AOL's fault. Then I called AOL, and the honestly admitted they didn't know what I was talking about. Then I said goodbye Mcafee, and hello Zone Alarm. All has been fine.

Note if you consider ZA right now, don't go with 5.0. Stick with the 4.5 versions. They are having real problems with the 5.0 stuff.

Pete

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Could the ZoneAlarm problem be more on XP systems then on older w9x series?
    And i thought there were recently released some new opdates for the 5.x ZA version which would be a great relief, if i read in the forums around, not sure if it solved all the problems for the people.

Thanks for telling your experience, did yuou get the same things like the user in trouble in this case: like the header info displayed in text in stead of just showing the pages, etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.