Why no Rep system? could be usefull?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Warlockz, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Why no rep system? I think it would be cool if I can give reps for Good advice, would it be too much of a hassle to implement it? If not maybe a Poll can be started to see if others think a rep system would be useful.

Like "Do you think Wilder's would benefit from a rep system?" and people can vote on it?

I dono just thought it to be a good Idea?

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Wait, rep as in rating members, even if it's only in regards to the information they give? You're asking for trouble. Many would say the post count would be indicative, but it most certainly is not. The ones to listen to are easy enough to spot already.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Sorry guys, we had one of those a while back and we turned it off. People who wrote "popular" things, like even insulting other members who they thought were trolling, got all the votes, while, people providing real help, rarely got a thumbs up. Such systems are a popularity contest, not a sign of who is really doing good things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.