unsuccessful: Want to migrate Windows C: from one partion on main drive to second dr
old: 2tb (3 partions)
E: logical / media
C: logical / Windows drive
When I restore the C: to new drive, MBR too,
-It doesn't work (boots to a blank black screen after).
-I then restored C: and D: to the new drive, still wouldn't boot.
-I tried used windows dvd to "repair" the boot files > same problem
Re: unsuccessful: Want to migrate Windows C: from one partion on main drive to second dr
Your System Partition is Logical drive. In such situation Windows stores boot files (bootmgr and other critical files) in the first primary partition.
Please try the following:
1) Create primary partition of the required size on the target 250GB HDD.
2) Restore C: to the created partition.
3) Verify that the partition is primary, not logical.
// If it is Logical, right-click it and select "Convert to primary". Apply changes.
Note: option to convert Logical to Primary is not included to all Paragon programs.
4) Run File Transfer Wizard from Paragon program and browse source D: drive
Check if there is 'Boot' folder and \ or files:
Transfer all found files to restored System partition (do not overwrite existing files if any)
5) Then verify that the restored partition is Active: right-click the partition and select "Mark as Active" . Apply changes.
6) Once completed, disconnect the original (source) drive and boot from Windows Repair CD or Windows Installation CD and perform startup repair.
Last edited by Mech_An : November 10th, 2011 at 04:07 AM.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|