MAC & IP address

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by wod, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wod

wod Registered Member

thanks !
    by the way -do recommend the backtrack distribution ?have tried it by chance ?

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Haven't tried the Live CD yet. Have used some of the tools.

-- Tom

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

For Linux:

* ifconfig eth0 down
    * ifconfig eth0 hw ether 11:11:11:11:11:ab
    * ifconfig eth0 up

5. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I've tried several over the years and this was easily one of the better of the bunch. However, I've been using "Mac Makeup" since 2003. It's still a killer simple program with a large database of adapter information to make it as realistic as possible. It's been awhile since an update - but it still just works.

When used in combination with Nirsoft's MACAddressView v1.13 - MAC Address Lookup/Find Tool for Windows you've got the simple steps to idiot-proof MAC spoofing.

1. Find manufacturer information for your adapters using Nirsoft program. Very simple.
    2. Go to that manufacturer in 'MAC Makeup' and let it select a MAC adapter address in their very own format - click 'change'. Your done!

SMAC has now an almost cloned interface as MAC Makeup and can be used just as simply. The big difference: SMAC is $60 after evaluation if you want to keep all the good features. 'Mac Makeup' (the original) is still - free. They do the exact same thing. Don't get my wrong, as I said before, SMAC is one of the better of these MAC spoofers, but take a look at MAC Makeup.

6. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Oh wow this is great. Thanks for the tip!

7. onigen

onigen Registered Member

Hmm, my AV flagged it as a trojan.
    Then ran it through VirusTotal = 20/ 43 (46.5%).

8. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

There's no malware. Those AV vendors who flag it as a trojan, flag many anti-forensic tools as malware.

9. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Thanks for posting this, but I'm even a Linux geek and I get some of what you are saying, so it would be nice to simply tell us how to run it and what...

So do we just run the script just like it is shown below and that is it? Or do we need to do anything else?

I don't get these two parts at all you mention;

which should be saved in a separate file (What need to create a file?) - how?
    storing genmacaddr in its own file (Again need a file?) how?

THANKS

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    ############################genmacaddr nawk program#############################
    BEGIN {
         n0 = "00"
         srand()
         n1 = sprintf("%02x", int(255 * rand()))
         n2 = sprintf("%02x", int(255 * rand()))
         n3 = sprintf("%02x", int(255 * rand()))
         n4 = sprintf("%02x", int(255 * rand()))
         n5 = sprintf("%02x", int(255 * rand()))
         print n0":"n1":"n2":"n3":"n4":"n5
    }
    ################################################################################
    #
    ifconfig
    ifconfig eth0 down
    newmacaddr=`nawk -f genmacaddr -`
    ifconfig eth0 hw ether $newmacaddr
    ifconfig eth0 up
    ifconfig
    exit 0

10. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi DASFox,

What you have posted is with the commented portion as no longer comments which may not work if you execute that as a shell script. - i.e. mixed awk with shell script code in a shell script. The commented portion needs to be saved on its own in a separate file, named genmacaddr which is the awk file that gets called by nawk in the script overall, named genmacaddr.sh. The genmacaddr nawk program file is clearly delineated by comments in the script as posted. Save it in a file and strip out the comments (which are not shown in what you have posted - so that part is ok - it just is not a part of the script.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.