When reporting issues, please always enclose the following information:
- version and platform of the operating system, including installed service pack (e.g. Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit)
- the name of the ESET product, the version number and language version if other than English (e.g. EAV BE 22.214.171.124, ESS 126.96.36.199 German,...)
- information about installed ESET modules (Help -> About)
- step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue, if not straightforward. If there's a connection with other software, provide its exact version number as well as a download link, if possible.
- provide ESET SysInspector (ESI) log (only to trained support personnel)
General instructions for troubleshooting issues:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the product installed
- Make sure the issue occurs with default settings
- Try disabling Anti-Stealth and Self-defense, one at a time as well as both (a computer restart will be required for the change to take effect)
- For issues related to scanning files, narrow it down to the particular module by disabling each of the modules, one at a time. A log from Process Monitor usually helps pinpoint this type of issues.
- For network-related issues, also try disabling HTTP checking in the main setup (F5)
- If a specific communication is blocked, enable logging of all blocked communication per the instructions here and here. The firewall log will show details about the rule that blocked the communication and thus will give you a clue what rule needs to be adjusted. If you're unable to make the necessary rule adjustment yourself, provide the pcap log, firewall log as well as the program configuration (Tools -> Export/Import configuration) to a trained support personnel.
- For network problems persisting even after disabling the firewall via gui, change the firewall integration mode in the main setup to "Personal firewall is completely disabled" and restart the computer.