Anti-Spam functionality MISSING from Mail Security 4!!

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by EvilDave UK, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

I've just installed EMS 4. The post installation instructions say "Antispam protection > Mail server protection > Microsoft Exchange Server > Transport agent > Enable Greylisting" to configure Greylisting.

This does not exist.

There is no Antispam protection option anywhere in the Setup screen. There was in the RC, which was installed on this server, but that was removed and the server rebooted prior to installing the new version.

Second there are no Allowed/Ignored/Blocked Lists anywhere, or even any Anti Spam real-time statistics option.

Finally under the Setup option from the main screen, I see the Anti Virus / Anti Spyware option which is enabled, but no Anti Spam, anywhere! It's like ESET forgot to include the Anti Spam altogether for this build.

However, "Antispam module: 1014 (20100212)" appears on the About page.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software but to no avail, and I did reboot the server after the installation too, and manually remove the ESET folder from Program Files. I have also installed this product on to a fresh SBS installation I have here, which has the same effect, no Anti Spam functionality whatsoever!

The product is absolutely useless in its current state as anti-spam software and I'll have no choice but to rollback to the RC till this is fixed.

EDIT: I'm using SBS 2008 and EMS x64 Edition.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

When you installed your copy of ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server v4, did you use an existing ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange v2.7 (XMON) license with it? If so, you will need to download a new license file to enable antispam functionality.

Customers from the United States can obtain a replacement license by using the form at http://www.eset.com/support/lost-license on ESET's web site (or visit https://shop.eset.co.uk/Licence/LostLicence if your license was purchased in the United Kingdom).

For more information, see ESET Knowledebase Article #2408, "How do I upgrade from ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 for Microsoft Exchange Server to ESET Mail Security 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server?." Specifically, the second bullet item.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. EvilDave UK

I have just tried this, downloaded the new LIC file, compared it to the one I was given back in Nov 2009 and it's encrypted compared to the old one which is in an XML type format.

However, when I try to add the license to EMSX setup, a dialog box appears saying "New Spawn(Wait) Dialog" with an OK button. I click OK and it doesn't add the license. However if I add the old license file, it accepts it.

Any ideas?

4. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

If your license was purchased in the United Kingdom, please contact your ESET representative for a new license file. An updated license file will need to be manually upgraded from ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange Server to ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server.

5. EvilDave UK

I've requested a new license file via the Reseller Centre, but it comes through encrypted, which EMSX says is corrupted or invalid. Nothing's going right tonight. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.