Paragon Drive Backup 10 Free

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Bill54, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill54

Bill54 Registered Member

I downloaded Backup 10 to try on three different computers. It works great on a Vista laptop and a older XP desktop. On a new Netbook with winxp, I keep getting a "launcher.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error. I can backup the MBR and the factory restore partition ok, but when I try to backup the C drive I get the launcher.exe error.
    Any ideas?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Bill,

Not sure what is causing that.

For the time being , you can make a backup of your C partition using the boot disc.

Hope it helps

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Run a check disk on the C drive.

Start > Run > "cmd" > "chkdsk /r c:"

Queue the check disk, restart, and try the backup again.

4. Bill54

Bill54 Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. This is a netbook computer without a floppy or a cd/DVD drive. Is there a way to put the paragon boot cd on a flash drive and boot from there?

5. Bill54

Bill54 Registered Member

Paragon Tommy,

I setup the chkdsk and restarted. This is taking forever. I'll let you know tomorrow, the results of reruning Paragon Backup.

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hope the backup went well.

To get the recovery media in bootable form on a flash drive, select Tools>Recovery Media Builder There is an option for Flash .

RMB-FLASH-2009-12-16_153904.jpg

Hope it helps

7. Bill54

Bill54 Registered Member

I built the flash recovery disk and it boots fine, but I can't get any network drives. Is the network supported or does it only work with local drives?

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Bill,

According to the manual, you can Backup to a local Network share.

Click Help and select Backup scenarios to find out how.

PAR-BKUP-NETWORKSHARE-2009-12-18_235307.jpg

Hope it helps.

9. Bill54

Bill54 Registered Member

I followed your instructions to a tee, but I still cannot see any network resources at all, when booting with the flash drive. Does the flash drive boot routine support network access? When I boot from the Paragon recovery CD, I can see all my network resources, but when I make a backup flash drive I cannot see the network. Is their a step I am missing?

10. hello2007

hello2007 Guest

whats a Differential Backup? just backing up a folder with data or a program only?

11. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Bill,

That's strange - you would think the recovery environment on Flash would behave the same as on the cd.

Don't know the answer, sorry. One of the Paragon team will know - they will be back after the weekend.

Are you able to boot the cd and Load Normal Mode? It won't load on my machine.

I can load the Safe Mode (dos) option, and of course the WinPE cd works great, it's only the Normal Mode (Linux) that won't load for me.

12. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi hello,

A differential backup contains only the changes since the last Full backup image of a partition.

It does this by comparing the current contents of the partition with the contents of the backup image you already created - that is called the "base" or "parent" image

To restore it , you need only the original "base" backup image, and one of the differential backup images.

Hope it helps.

13. Bill54

Bill54 Registered Member

Still need some help here with using the recovery flash drive. This thread seems to have been hijacked by other issues. Should I start another?

Thanks

14. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Bill54, is your flash drive and recovery CD the exact same type of recovery media? Or are you booting WinPE on the CD and Linux/DOS on the Flash Drive. Further more, for network support, you absolutely need to run Normal mode. How far into the network configurator before it's different or doesn't work from the CD recovery.

15. Bill54

Bill54 Registered Member

I finally got the correct info to put in the network configurator and I can now access my network resources. I still haven't found where this is covered in the manual.

16. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Bill,

Glad you figured it out.

What did you do?

17. Bill54

Bill54 Registered Member

Using the Network Configurator, I put //sb435/test in the Network Path field and /mnt/Disk in the Mount Point field. Followed by my name and password data. After that I could go on and put my network data in and access the required path.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.