3.0.672.0 crashing during scan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Caine, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caine

Caine Registered Member

I just uninstalled 2.7 from win2000 machine when the licence expired, but the 3.0.672 installer wouldn't run. I contacted support and they told me to run sysinspector and they told me that the available memory was too low, and to uninstall/disable all other security, anti-malware app's before trying the installer. This worked and v3.0.672.0 is installed, but it freezes windows during every scan. It also freezes when I try to 'disable antivirus and antispyware protection'. Windows has crashed on a few other random occasions as well.

I've also tried add/remove progs to uninstall a whole load of unused app's to free up space. So what else can I do? I haven't been able to do a single scan since installing.

2. puma_one

puma_one Registered Member

Hello,

If you don't find soon an answer, maybe the best option will be to go back to 2.7.

That's what I have done with my vista computer because I encountered bugs with version 3.0., and those bugs are unresolved since september 2008. I didn't critisize Eset, but it is just a fact that 2.7 runs better than 3.0 on my computer.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

There may be another application still present which is conflicting with ESET NOD32 Antivirus and causing the freeze-ups.

To help isolate this, run ESET SysInspector again to create a new log file and mail it to support@eset.sk for analysis by a support engineer.

Be sure to include a link to this message thread and the ticket number from your previous correspondence to help them investigate the issue.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. Caine

Caine Registered Member

Sorry I missed this reply, I had continued correspondence with support and eventually even he conceded defeat and i have now stuck with v2.7.

This is a very old pc and running win2000 so I'm not sure of the merit of trying to iron out this issue, as microsoft will soon be discontinuing support for this platform, and a newer pc or laptop is going to be necessary to run Vista or newer when i upgrade.

If there's another fundamental reason why you would like me to re-install v3 and try fixing it again, I will. Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.