Deserves some attention: Anvir task manager

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kees1958, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Well, it's flagging CTHelper not only as High Risk but it's also saying it has 2 statuses, one status is good and not needed, and the other is a trojan. It's doing the same thing to WinampAgent, classified as Medium Risk, but again 2 different statuses, 1 good, the other trojan. It also doesn't like SandboxIE, lol. It needs to make it's mind up.

2. Defcon

Defcon Registered Member

I tried the free version before. Why does a task manager consume 5% cpu as shown by its own stats? Also I don't know what they use to get the info but it doesn't match up with taskmgr/process explorer which I trust a lot more. I really wanted to like this because it has a bunch of useful features but have some reservations.

3. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Superb-deserves to be purchased :thumb:

BUT- GAOTD free for another 7 hours.

4. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Each time I hit a very bad trojan on the net, this app stopped it before BOClean could wake up all too late as to confirm that there HAD BEEN trojan activity on my PC.

5. webster

webster Registered Member

6. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Thanks for the info...

In fact something was wrong with all this mettle.

7. webster

webster Registered Member

You`re welcome.

But i can`t find anything bad about it :doubt: , but i suppose HPHosts knows what they are doing.

8. agua102

agua102 Registered Member

I m complete lost. It´s a good application or not? The developer web is a fake o_O what a mess , i dont understand nothing. o_O

9. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Could you elaborate a bit? I would like to understand what you are not understanding and where is sitting you're lost...

I am using AnVir Task Manager Pro almost everyday and never had any problem with it. I consider it to be even better and more thorough than Process Explorer et al.

10. agua102

agua102 Registered Member

It´s all this:

" HPHosts blocks the homepage http://hosts-file.net/?s=www.anvir.com" ( "fraudulent" )

what doesnt mean fraudulent, the software its sold it´s fraudulent?

i like very much free version and i want to pay for the pro version but some opinions like this ... :blink:

11. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

If I were you I would not trust the HPhosts file. Use MVPS, it's more reputable. With MVPS I can access the site no problem. It is more likely an error in your host file.

That being said, I very much like Anvir SS. I use it as my task manager. I have tried other software, namely WinPatrol Plus, but I always come back to this.

Fear not.

12. ruinebabine

Ok, I understand your questionning now. I really don't know hpHOSTS' raison behind their banning of the site (even mcafé siteadvisor have a green light for it!) but you put me curious and I did send them an asking email on the subject earlier today. I will report back here of any received answer from them.

As for me, I have no regret about my bought of a lifetime license 6 months ago, and I have only read good comments and reviews about this software.

13. ruinebabine

Here is the answer, from gentleman Steven Burn:

"As far as the Wilders thread, please feel free to post my answer there.

AnVir Task Manager Free is actually a pretty good program, it's because of their Virus Destroyer program that they received the FSA classification. However, I've just tested the trial version of their Pro version of Task Manager, and it's got the same ridiculous F/P problems as their Virus Destroyer application (there's simply no way that AnVir can't be aware of these).

Further to this, just like VD, they claim the trial version is only time limited, but if you look at the screenshots (posted to the thread at Malwarebytes), the Security Risk mentions that the details are not there because of a "trial limitation".

Ref:
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4469&st=0&gopid=30081&#entry30081

Regards,

Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk"

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.