Has Update been suspended?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roach82

roach82 Registered Member

Someone posted a link to a site where you can download the big update that Marco was talking about the 11m one, download it to your pc then update it with the file locally stored on the pc. He had the link and instructions on where to get it...but i am guessing it was deleted by Marco or a moderator of the forum...but i did it and worked fine...

If someone can upload the file onto a website so i could get my eset upto date why couldnt ESET do it themselves and everyone would stop complaining about this??

Watch this also get deleted.

2. loser

loser Registered Member

it WAS from the eset website.

it was just the japanese eset website.

they at least recognized what was wrong and needed to be done.

but seeing as it was deleted, i wont repost the link.

3. wewe

wewe Registered Member

u cant repost the link
    and we cant send private messages
    so what should we do o_O?

4. wewe

wewe Registered Member

finally
    LOL
    good news guys
    thank you google
    but i will not buy the software anymore :) , if this is the second time and they're not fixing , it will happen again

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  5. m.oreilly

m.oreilly Registered Member

googling, but can't find the solution you have. hint?

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

A reply has just been removed. People, we are not going to discuss cracking NOD32 on this forum.

7. m.oreilly

hehe. well, i just entered a made up name and key, and update started working...:rolleyes:

8. noway

noway Registered Member

Just wanted to try an official 2.70 trial on XPSP2 to see if it would update.
    Downloaded the 2.70.39 trial TODAY from:
    http://download1.eset.com/eval/win/v2/nentenst.exe

Results:

Initial database=2277 from 2007/05/18
    Pressed update and got message that it was up to date!
    Pressed it about 21 times before a server responded with an update.
    It was u37.eset.com.
    I downloaded an update 12011 KB and my version number stayed the same!
    On reboot, I got a popup that my sigs may be out of date, lol!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please provide me with a link to the website that offers v2 trial version for WinNT-based systems? It has been removed from www.eset.com a long time ago because:
    1, v2 will be discontinued some time in the future
    2, v2 does not provide as good protection against rootkits as v3
    3, updates can be delayed in the event of a large update

10. noway

noway Registered Member

The v2.7 30-day trials for XP are all over the place...just search Google (link):
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=nod32 2.7 trial download xp

Here are 3 sites I found within the first 6 hits:

http://www.nod32.com.sg/html/44/42/
    http://www.betterantivirus.com/nod32-antivirus-trial/
    http://www.computech4u.net/download_home.htm

Maybe Eset should just remove the file from THEIR OWN server (http://download1.eset.com/eval/win/v2/nentenst.exe) if they don't want anyone to use it? Here's another Eset server offering it: http://download2.eset.com/eval/win/v2/nentenst.exe

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  11. salvadorf1

salvadorf1 Registered Member

Due to Window's alert, found out only today that I'm not protected sind July 28. I tried several times to update, but reply was that NOD32 ist updated, when it is not. Last release was 3302 of July 28, 2008.
    Anyone who can tell me how to solve this problem? I don´t dare to connect to internet, as my PC could be infected. HELP PLS!!!! My version is 2.7

12. duncantuna

duncantuna Registered Member

We had the same issue for our 80 clients today .. We do have one PC that creates a mirror for all the rest, however, it could NOT download the 12 meg file.

Why? Our firewall scans all attachments. But the firewall downloads the entire file, then scans it, then sends it to the PC that was downloading it.

Because NOD32 is trying to grab a 12 meg file, and its update servers are dog slow right now, the firewall would indeed try downloading the file, but because it was so slow, NOD32 would not receive data for a period of time, then timeout, and try a new server (or just quit.)

Our remedy was to turn off firewall virus scanning, so NOD32 would get the download stream uninterrupted by the firewall. That did the trick, and we were able to create a mirror for the other 80 PCs.

Ironic, that to get a virus update, I had to turn our virus-scanner off.

.. However .. badly played, ESET. You really need to post updates SOMEWHERE about this kind of situation, like on your main website, instead of making people dig around for news.

13. Metting

Metting Registered Member

ESET; Why u don't believe ur customers ?

As many of other posters I am fighting to update my 2 NODs 2.7 at home and at work.

At Home I succeeded to update to the ugly 11m only on 2/8, and now it stuck again with 3320 even the latest is 3325 !!

At Work it still stuck with the 3301 with no hope to change !!

Any ways I am not writing this post to cry or to ask for a solution, because I read the post "Has Update been suspended?" and all replies in it
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=216325

I am writing just to ask Marcos or ESET why u don't believe ur customers ?

*When we till that we can't update, then its true ,and Marcos's reply like he was able to update 15 Pcs in row doesn't make any sense to many of us.

*Also replies like cracked versions are punished and will not be able to update are not good for a lot of us , I personally don't use cracked versions and I am not able to update in my both PCs ! So why to blame cracked versions ?

*Why u are not listening to ur customers who prefer to stay with 2.7 and keep pushing them to upgrade to ver 3 and we all know that ver 3 still has issues ?

Please Marcos hear me and believe me I am not telling lies here:

A- I have 2 legal NOD 2.7 "not cracked" and I am not able to update.

B- I'll not upgrade to ver 3 because of two big facts:
    1. 1 There are issues in ver 3 at least its big use of resources
    2. 2 I don't like ver 3 proxy behavior because I want to take control over my own PC & firewall and I am not ready to leave the responsibility to NOD.
      And believe me once more if u persist to kill 2.7 on December or so as u said, and persist to use proxy in ver 3,
      YOU WILL LOSE MANY CUSTOMERS.

I am writing this because I am a loyal customer and I like ESET and its wonderful NOD 2.7, but unfortunately I notice that ESET is doing its best to loose me and many others like me !

Metting

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  14. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Re: ESET; Why u don't believe ur customers ?

All my small business clients are still on 2.7...(that's a lot)...2.7 on all my home rigs, updates fine.

Are geographical areas having issues with 2.7 updates? U.S. here.

All the clients I've done onsites with over the past week or so that I've read these "2.7 update issues" threads...I haven't seen it happen.

15. jon123

jon123 Registered Member

Re: ESET; Why u don't believe ur customers ?

I was about to drop Panda for NOD myself, I even have a paid for legit version, but DITTO for Metting's comment.

I made a similar comment some time back, out of concern over cracked versions they are shooting themselves in the foot.

16. m.oreilly

this is true. my clients also...v3 is bloat, plain and simple. v2.7 is the stuff. we all know this :rolleyes:

17. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Actually we all don't accept this truth of yours. But if your happy with 2.7 then great.:D

18. hatch_lemon1640

hatch_lemon1640 Registered Member

My AV is updated version of sig. 3326, i did'nt know if this is automatically update on the other day.

19. DeanRoss8

DeanRoss8 Registered Member

<<~ NOD32 v2.70 Is Back In Action ~>>

My NOD32 anti-virus stopped updating on July 27,2008 and refused to update daily as usual, a pop up claimed it was up to date, when an Update was attempted for over a week. A Google search proved it was out of date. I opened NOD32 tonight and clicked on the manual Update about 25 times (it is set to Automatically select a download mirror site) it randomly picked download a link. It finally found a site that was open, to download from (there are about 30 different download mirror sites to randomly choose from). Eset's Forum was correct, be patient, it is a large download and alot of heavy traffic on their servers, they have alot of customers Worldwide. I found that several of their servers crashed from the traffic. This is an abnormally large Update, Eset claims 100,000 new threats. They claim they do this twice a year. NOD32 is the best anti-virus program there is and I certainly didn't want to replace it and was worried. I am a happy camper again. :)

Dean

20. Thisby

Thisby Registered Member

I use NOD32 v2. I was stuck with the updates on Mon 28 July. Yesterday, thanks to someone's advice on their post, I managed to update to 3327. Now is a new upgrade released and again I am stuck.:mad: I don't want to try tricks all the time. I'd like the site to work as good as they were! When is it going to be fixed finallyo_O
    I won't upgrade to v3, as my pc won't stand it and I have read they are also stuck on upgrades, with worse problems than v2.
    Is it true that v2 is going to be discontinued? Till now, I was really really happy with it. I don't want to change! I think we have a right to use light versions of programs and them to work properly.
    Please hint, or help, or reply, or sth?:doubt:

21. colin1951uk

colin1951uk Registered Member

Marcos I downloaded a trial version of 2.70.39 from here http://www.alpha-systems.co.uk/noddownload.htm (I'm from the UK) just over a week ago after having tried your latest V3 which I don't like as it slows the rendering of web pages for some reason on my system.

However I do like very much V2 as my system flys using it but from reading through this thread it appears you will stop supporting this version in December. Am I reading you correctly on this point?

I was going to take a a two year subs for V2 (as from reading through other threads on here I noted that a licence worked for either version) but now I'm having my doubts.

Would I be wasting my money if you are indeed going to pull the plug on V2 at the end of this this year?

Also and whether it matters now or not but my trial version won't update from sig. 3301 similar to some other users here who I think are paying whereas I'm not (but could be.) I keep hitting the update button but all I get is an alert telling me Nod32 is up to date and no update is necessary when clearly it is. I guess I'm just verifying what others are seeing but maybe I don't have the right as I'm just using a trial version.

Anyway I'd appreciate an honest answer about the future of V2 as if I do register for a subs and support for it does stop this year I won't be a happy bunny unless of course you can get V3 working to my satisfaction.

Cheers.

Colin

22. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Colin,

this is not true. As I have stated, no date has been set yet for discontinuing v2 updates. Personally I think they will be supported for at least 2 years.

As for the problems with rendering web pages, I'd suggest that you contact your local distributor and provide them with a log from ESET SysInspector. Maybe it will reveal some software that you have installed which intervenes somehow with the web protection in v3. If they can't help you, they should escalate your case to us at ESET's HQ.

Marcos

23. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

must still be run on legacy system though!

24. salvadorf1

salvadorf1 Registered Member

Marcos,
    I´m still waiting to suceed updating manually several times per day my version 2.7, without success. Last update I received was 3302 on July 28. Is there any hope at all that it will get updated ? How long must I wait before deciding to change my antivirus software?

25. m.oreilly

run like the wind...updates stopped...again. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.