New Bugs in EAV v621

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Deleted member 73818, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddice

reddice Registered Member

Still loads slow. If I disable the protection it also loads slow. The only way it loads fast is if I uninstall NOD32 Version 3 and install Version 2.7 which I don't want to do.

2. kazuki

kazuki Registered Member

running vista ultimate and the latest build does not work when set to interactive mode. The firewall does not list the software in fact i do not get any prompts ie would you like internet explorer to access the internet for an example. Anyone else have this problem?

3. MarioGilera

MarioGilera Registered Member

On XP SP2
    Each time I browse a remote network share i got a EventLog 6004 Error.
    On 2003 R2 SP2
    Each time I browse a remote network share i got a MrxSmb 3019 Warning.
    Somebody know if ESET will fix this bugs?
    Somebody know when will be out next release of NOD32 3?
    TIA
    MarioGilera
    PS:XP's bug reported also here...

4. Multiline tray tooltips

On my w2ksp4 machine eav not showing version of virus database:
    eav_verzia_2k.png
    On wxpsp2 no problem:
    eav_verzia_xp.png

5. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

I'm running Windows Vista, but I wasn't looking for problems when I found this. I was merely watching the stats of the scanned files, when the results just disappeared!

EAV.jpg

Maximising or closing/reopening the window resolves the issue, until it happens again.

6. Scheduler bug

This bug isn't new, but is still not fixed: When creating new "on-demand computer scan" task in scheduler, there is a dialog when selecting what to scan - this dialog may be canceled by user but new scheduled task is still created. When this task will run, it shows error because path is undefined.
    eav621_scheduler_bug2.png

7. Supersnake

Supersnake Registered Member

A noticeable lag after enabling Advanced Heuristics in the ThreatSense engine. The lag presents itself when opening or closing windows or using tabs within the Advanced Settings. The lag is especially heavy when opening and closing the contextual menu in the NOD system tray icon.

This reminds me of the lag that used to show up whenever you closed your Outlook/OE mail clients with Email Integration except this lag lasts longer.

May I beg your patience and ask you to see if the problem presents itself after following the below steps. Be sure to remove that Advanced Heuristics check mark if you found it there then return again to reinsert it as this seems to make the problem regenerate or come out of latency. My directions should make that clear - Thanks!

XP SP2
    2G ram
    P4 3.0 cpu

Attached Files:

• 00.png
      00.png
      File size:
      61.5 KB
      Views:
    • 01.png
      01.png
      File size:
      22.1 KB
      Views:
    • 02.png
      02.png
      File size:
      28.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  8. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

XP Pro SP2 / 2GB Ram / E6600

Attached Files:

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It is pretty normal for you have a lag . As you can see in your first screenshot , Advanced heuristics is enabled by default for newly-created files .

AH is disabled by default in the Real-time file system protection Threat Sense engine options and it is so because if it is enabled , this means that all files (upon access and extract will be emulated by AH) . NOD32 v2 uses AH only for on-create , so leave v3 with default settings

10. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

And blurry text.

11. CrookedBloke

CrookedBloke Registered Member

Hello, Mario.

I have seen the Event ID 6004 error and Event ID 3019 warning in the System logs of my domain controllers (Windows 2000 Server SP4 and Windows Server 2003 SP2) after using the Distributed File System applet for checking DFS shares on the domain. I also see just the Event ID 3019 warning when using robocopy to mirror shares on two different servers. I have only seen this behavior on these systems since installing the version 3 EAV software on them.

I reported the issue to Eset support but have not received any suggestions from them.

This next issue is an extremely minor one -- I have noticed that the splash screen does not appear when logging on to the Windows 2000 Server SP4 systems. In the GUI settings dialog of EAV the setting box for showing the splash screen does have a checkmark, but the setting is also grayed out. The problem does not exist on Windows Server 2003, XP, or Vista systems on the domain.

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

and trolling , too , by some members ... :rolleyes: (no , this is not sarcasm)
    Brian , I can inform you that my grandparents also understood that you have problems with NOD32 and its "blurry text" . I will also inform my colleagues and my neighboars so that you are happy :thumb:

13. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

14. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

I had this exact same problem on a brand new install on a brand new Notebook with Vista Home Premium and several reboots failed to solve it. I'll start another thread under ESS but I resolved it by uninstalling ESS, rebooting, deleting the ESET folders under AppData, reinstalling, rebooting, and updating ESS. This completely resolved the issue. No other changes were made to the Notebook. I also received a GUI crash after the first reboot with a half sized blank GUI window. Hmmm...

EDIT: After posting in the ESS forum, Kringles pointed me to this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1156890&postcount=11 which is identical to the issue I had although I didn't delve into the rules at the time to correctly analyse the situation.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  15. Supersnake

Supersnake Registered Member

Once again you clearly explain the answer to a problem. I had forgotten that AH came disabled by default in the Real-time file system protection Threat Sense engine options - and believing that it should be on I enabled it. After learning I can confidently disable AH here I have done so and .. no more lag.

Thanks HiTech_boy!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  16. nodyforever

Freeze moments Firefox download time 1-2 min

Attached Files:

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

There was a thread about this before and I am sure you have read it . A temporary workaround until ESET make AH faster is to disable AH in only the web-access protection module . Don't worry , the kernel and real-time file system protection will still have AH enabled :thumb:

18. nodyforever

Archive support module: 1068 (20080110)

resolve problem freeze moments firefox download in AH enable.

+1 point

19. MarioGilera

MarioGilera Registered Member

yes, me too. But I got an answer from ESET support: They are asking me a hijackthis log.

anyway this error/bug there is also in some older version of KAV (i don't know if had been resolved) and mcafee (resolved in a earlier version)...
    i hope eset will resolve this too.
    TIA
    MarioGilera
    PS:sorry for ugly english...i'm very ill.o_O

20. Scan freezing

Scan freeze on this file View attachment 621_SCAN_STOPPED.BIN.log , ekrn.exe is on 100% cpu. Scan can't be paused or stopped, and I must kill ekrn.exe process (with debug privileges).
    scan_stop_ekrn100.png
    After uncheck "Email files" on Threat sense setup:
    th_set-scan_stop.png
    Scan ok:
    scan_with_emailfiles_disabled.png

Edit: Issue fixed with update 2787 and Archive support module 1069 (20080113).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2008
  21. Why is in ThreatSense setup dialog possible to uncheck all objects for scan?
    621_uncheck_all_objects.png

22. Fgh

Fgh Registered Member

Not logical ! :eek:

23. Scheduler/Planner - Scheduled task "System startup file check." won't run on scheduled time and won't run manually by menu "run now" (Last showed run time is task creation time, and number of scanned objects in statistics not changing when try to manual run).
    621_scheduler_startup_checks.png

24. MIME = Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions, so uncheck "email files" and file will not be scanned.... (internal scanning not performed)

25. nodyforever

Re: New version 3.0.621 available

report image annex.

GUI or servers freeze moments update?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.