Update not working

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Janner, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janner

Janner Registered Member

The update feature does not work for me.

If I try to do it manually, the connection attempt times-out. When NOD tries to carry out an automatic check for updates, I get a message telling me that it has failed.

I'm not using a proxy nor a LAN connection.

The update server is set to 'choose automatically'. However, when I drop down the server selection box, this is the only option. No specific servers are listed. If I go to the 'update server list' page, there are no servers listed. I had assumed that this was the problem, so manually added the update servers. This made no difference. Updates still failed.

I am not using a software firewall (I had been using Outpost, but experienced problems when trying to run it and NOD v3 together).

Anybody have any suggestions?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have a firewall installed? If so, does it allow bi-directional communication for ekrn.exe? If you connect through a proxy server, is it configured properly in the Update setup?

3. Janner

Janner Registered Member

No firewall or proxy.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please submit a Customer care query using the integrated submission form so that we can check your update configuration? In case of any problems, feel free to PM me.

5. Janner

Janner Registered Member

Have now done so. Thanks.

6. ASM

ASM Registered Member

I encountered the same problem too. Which service is "stopped' by default? I found one whcih is status is stopped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.