Introducing xB VPN: Portable OpenVPN from XeroBank

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by SteveTX, Jun 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Hello again privacy-concerned friends,

We have written a new XeroBank software called xB VPN. It is a portable version of OpenVPN. It is naturally portable on USB, and it should work on Windows Vista. The way it works is it checks for privileges to install drivers, then installs the TAP drivers, and runs OpenVPN. This software is probably only useful for people who are familiar with OpenVPN, or have XeroBank Pro/Premium accounts. After you are done using the software, you simply close OpenVPN from the taskbar, and the program will then unisntall the TAP network drivers and you can be on your way. Thanks to Lukas Landis, as we are working together on the Portable OpenVPN project.

Here is the initial demo for download:
    http://update.xerobank.com/beta/xBVPN_2.1.0.0.RC4.zip

2. llista

llista Guest

Just out of curiosity, have you tested it on Windows Vista 64 bit edition too or just the 32 bit?

I am asking because there are lots of problems trying to make programs work on the Windows Vista 64 bit, I have not tested yours but generally speaking.

EDITED:

I have now tested it running from an USB drive in the public Library (Windows 2000) and I could not make it work, when I click on the XBPN.exe a window pops up saying You need a *.ovpn file on E:\XeroBank\data\config\ for a working VPN

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  3. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

You have to configure a connection to use xB VPN. That is done with a .ovpn file. These are naturally supplied, pre-built, for xB Pro clients.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.