Duplicate Posted Links

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by siljaline, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Hypothetical situation:
    If a user posts a link pointing to an article that has already been posted within Wilders, there should be a mechanism in-place that flags duplicated links. As such, duplicate posts would be avoided, users abusing others with off-topic remarks hey this has been posted already elsewhere ... could be avoided.

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Is it so difficult to have a look through the forum first, use the forum search function before posting o_O That's what most others do including myself ;)

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

That would work for flagging identical links but not when the subject is the same while the link is different (so forum search). Not sure if this board has the feature to detect dupe links

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Some private words were exchanged, check there.
    Thankfully the board has the ability to ignore those that surmise that everyone is out to reinvent the wheel every time they post a link. :ouch:

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Actually on http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/security they do have in place an alert which pops up just before you post a link that has already been posted, so you can decide if it's a dupe or still relevent within the context you wish to post.

I know their software is completely different to here, but it "might" be possible to achieve something similar ?

I've been caught out a few timesmyself on here posting what i thought was a first time link :D It happens !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.