Webhosting

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Anyone have their own websites? Im considering starting my own so Im looking for a provider. Anyone have any companies they go through or have experience with?

As of now I have a tech blog now and have made decent money with Google Adsense on it. I figured I would transfer the content over to a dedicated .com rather than using a blogging platform.

I also figured I could use it as real world experience. I have 2 semesters left before I graduate from university with my Bachelors in Computer Information Systems. Right now I have loads of MySQL and PHP classes and have more to take. I figured having a website with those features would help me learn them rather than reading a book all the time.

2. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

Hey Whitedragon-

Check out HostGator.com.

I have two sites with them and they have been great. Moving to them from another host was pretty easy as they really have good customer service.

KOR-

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I am pretty satisfied with Hostpapa: features

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I use Hostgator and it's fine. I hear Dreamhost is also good. Check around for a good deal as you can save a lot of money purchasing at the right time. I ended up getting a year's hosting for the cost of a normal month because I purchased during a sale. Black Friday is coming up soon with the big Monday following that so there should be plenty of deals going around. Just be sure and stay away from the hosting sites with a large amount of negative reviews.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

we have 4 website/stores and i have to say aspiration hosting is BY FAR THE BEST we have ever dealt with. their service is second to none i mean i get a response even at 3-4am in around 15minutes... they are simply awesome, they are a magento partner (higher end hardware needed) the backend is great, fast with a nice easy layout. and they have helped on so many occasions if there was something we didnt know how to fix etc they walked us right through it. i have used the like of host gator and 1 and 1 etc etc and would NEVER go back to a host like those guys after this. cheap is NOT always the best. and no i dont work for them but we have a large ecommerce site that runs beautiful with them

6. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

all i can say is stay away from godaddy

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I gave up to understand what you try to say here :doubt:

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

ZFactor likes Aspiration Hosting: http://www.aspirationhosting.com/ It really wasn't that hard to understand o_O

9. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

correct i have been with A LOT of hosts and they are the best i have ever been with and i do not plan on leaving anytime soon. if the op would like any more info on them shoot me a pm.

also to note they give you use of a cdn free with the hosting if you are familiar with that..

10. whitedragon551

If you could PM me more info that would be great.

Your going to have to give a little bit of info. Comments like these are taken with a grain of salt.

11. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

they are cheap, but the amount of times i experienced outages were immense, roughly a few hours every few days.

their support are helpful with basic enquiries but terrible with anything more advanced (like name-server issues or DNS redirects).

your mileage may vary

12. whitedragon551

As of right now Im on Dream Host for a two week trial. If I decide to stick it out I started my trial on a special Ill get 1 year + hosting, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited databases, unlimited emails, WhoIs Privacy, and a few other features for $9.72 for the first year total.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.