ESET Smart Security Public Beta 1 Status Update

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by agoretsky, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Doe anyone have any information regardibg v3 of the standalone AV. I am quite keen of LnS and see no need to switch. But who knows, never say never.

2. ph2000

ph2000 Registered Member

Well, now there is: http://www.eset.com/beta/ to sign up for early access to ESS beta 1.

I really don't want to get myself banded but -
    if you look at the download string for the 'non-english' version - coming from
    "h**p://download1.eset.com/special/essbeta/..."

then replace with the correct 3 letter for the language.... you may be happier :D

Of course, it may need a number to activate it.

3. doctor IT

doctor IT Registered Member

Of course it won't work.

4. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Where are the ESET Mods. giving a little bit advice or support how to install the beta in the right way.

And please answer to the question when the other languages will be pushed out ( english, german ) ?

5. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

I don't understand. Why do we have to sign up to be 'considered' for Beta testing, when it's freely available as a non English download?

6. FiSz

FiSz Registered Member

it instals quite easly... most of the options are similar to the ones from 2.x version,

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't like this
    I think everybody should be able to test it , not only in Slovak language . I applied but haven't received anything.

By the way , with the Slovak version , I have problems with the Internet scanner , I doesn't block threats .
    Example: I click on a threat file , the first time it gets blocked . However if I refresh the page/attempt to download it again , it gets undetected by the internet scanner .

No problem with the firewall or with the on-access scanner.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree HiTech, its like pulling teeth out of a bear for us to get to it. Agravating.:rolleyes:

9. JeremyWW

For the first time, I'm getting a tad concerned that Eset are losing their grip. This all seems a bit rushed / messy and...no English version / inconsistent release policy. Maybe it's time to look further afield...but where? KAS?...no way...Avast?...neat but I don't trust it...AVG?...not a chance...anyone...?? o_O

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

no it is not time to look elsewhere. It has just been a few hours and they did warn us it was raw. Send it out now to all, and just think what would happen here. I think we might see it more avalable next week.

11. JeremyWW

That may be so...but even with my grumbles, I wouldn't touch the product you seem to be promoting with the proverbial bargepole (...are you a 'big yellow' employee...?? I think so...). The 'leader' should change...

"Norton - the Internet Security product that protects you by bringing your PC to it's knees" (Winner of the 'Bloatware Award 2007')

12. eric_259

eric_259 Registered Member

Hehe, Norton sucks. You shouldn't trust it on your computer. More people had MORE problems with Norton then without Norton.

13. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hi there.

This is exactly why ESET maintains a fan base. If you can make a product which is rated so high after four years of existence, that certainly says a lot about quality. Is the now old v2.7 a bad AV? No, it is one of the best, despite its age...

14. JeremyWW

So?? That's not a reason to release it as a Slovak only download. If it's that raw don't release it at all - wait another week or two. All that's happened now is ESET have put people's noses 'out of joint' by not releasing an English version. Most other software companies go for an English release first followed by international versions. And...I was told by Eset UK to expect a release this week. And...we have to 'sign up' for the damn thing. Sorry, but I can't agree with your logic. They are not behaving in the way that most other software companies do, and I've been in the IT industry for 20 years. My concerns are, I confess, also compounded by the apparent drop in performance reviews.

Warning! These posts are getting out of sync. I'm not being inconsistent - I AM disappointed in ESET and concerned that NOD32 is dropping behind, albeit slightly, BUT...I wouldn't waste my money on a Symantec product, neither would I recommend anyone else to do the same.

15. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all:

Please stay on topic. Thanks in advance.

Blue

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

First, Performance drop is a big statement. If we are talking a point or two based on the last ratings at IBKs, well to me it isnt a quantifying factor. As far as the release, I agree, I would love to see the english version so I am not saying you are wrong. But how ever they do it, they are doing it, so lets just give it some time my friend. It may pan out yet where we both can sit back and smile.:)

17. ph2000

ph2000 Registered Member

18. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

That looks pretty damn cool. It's going to be nice to finally try it out :thumb:

19. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I grabbed it.

20. eric_259

eric_259 Registered Member

Damn, thanks a lot.

21. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I don't see why they would remove/protect it even if they have a sign-up page. After all they did call it a public beta.

22. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Damn, I think I have just seen the future. This is really frigging nice. I cant not fathom how they did this, but Marcos, I am bowing, right now. This looks awesome. Geez, I think I just had one.:rolleyes:

23. trjam

trjam Registered Member

But it will take a "few" of Blackspears recomendations, especially on pre-scheduled scanning.

24. JeremyWW

Thanks for that. I can feel sanity returning...you caught me just in time before doing something silly like downloading a KIS trial...

25. ph2000

ph2000 Registered Member

Ditto -

Finally got it installed. No big problem.
    Looks nice - very quiet (not killing me with pop-ups).
    SSM doesn't seem to have a problem with it and visa versa..

That's just a quick look. How the firewall holds up under hard core scrutiny - I must leave that to the experts.
    :)

Cool.

Ah - Took it out of automatic mode. There are the pop-ups. Hope, automatic mode is okay most ofthe time.
    Wonder if there should be a learning mode or if that's the same thing.

>>> But it will take a "few" of Blackspears recomendations, especially on pre-scheduled scanning.

Oh yes - and you can save the configuration!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.